Hey Orlando DISers...let's get together! MARCH 2017

bamacmac

DIS Veteran
Any local DIS/DIS Unplugged fans want to plan occasional meets in the parks or at Disney Springs?

I recently moved here and I'm surprised that this isn't already happening. Or maybe it is and I'm just missing the thread somewhere? Ha.

Anyway...please let me know if you are interested and I will plan something in the next few weeks. For the sake of things not being potentially awkward, I'd like there to be a minimum of 3 people interested before I will make plans.

Just thought it would be fun to get to know some of you local DISers!

:)

(Edited 2.2.17 to add first meet up details)
Wednesday, 2.8.17
6:30PM
Disney Springs - fountain as you exit lime garage - let me know if you can come!

(As mentioned below, any potential meetups would of course be open to any of you visiting the area, too.)

Last edited:
I have an upcoming business trip but if it doesn't fall the same week I'm up for giving this a shot. I'm already heading in the parks time to time to meet up with some peopel in the area. there is always some diser in town at disney so I could see more than just locals joining..

fyi: there is some great meetups if you haven't looked there yet but no regular disser meet up

Val & I might be interested. She's currently recovering from some surgery and we don't know how well she will be tolerating the crowds in the parks just yet. We're actually hoping to try it out tomorrow in Epcot. So, put us on your list as possible.

I have an upcoming business trip but if it doesn't fall the same week I'm up for giving this a shot. I'm already heading in the parks time to time to meet up with some peopel in the area. there is always some diser in town at disney so I could see more than just locals joining..

fyi: there is some great meetups if you haven't looked there yet but no regular disser meet up

Sounds good. Yes would definitely be open to any and all who want to join.

Val & I might be interested. She's currently recovering from some surgery and we don't know how well she will be tolerating the crowds in the parks just yet. We're actually hoping to try it out tomorrow in Epcot. So, put us on your list as possible.

Awesome, will do! Good luck to her as she ventures back into the World. I've had plenty of surgery and know how that is!

To help with first meetup planning, I'm out of town from 2/4 until 2/12 (would prefer to not meet on 2/12 which is a sunday)

All the best to Val for a quick and painless (as possible) recovery! :flower3:

We (my partner Lisa and I) moved to the Orlando area about 2 years ago. We would be interested in a meet up as well. We met some DIS-ers during the Mega Meet but it would be nice to meet some more DIS Unplugged fans.

@bamacmac I've seen a lot of posts of people traveling here at the start of march, why not pick something march 4 or 5 for the first meet up to give people a month to find it and decide if they want to join in? I wouldn't mind an actual meetup.com disser meetup to help track future ones and it might get some more locals that aren't regulars or posters to help find it.

if you want sooner, feb 18th or 19th also seems like a good time to aim for (and I'll be around).

Thanks for the interest everyone! :)

*Question...how do y'all feel about a week night meet up? I'm thinking Springs for the first one...so a weeknight could be a little less crowded.

Or if weekends are better for everyone that's fine too! Just let me know.

I'd love to plan a couple of these a month if enough folks are interested. So I'd like to do the first one soon and then we can do another one later in February. Once I know if y'all prefer week nights or weekends, I will pick 2 dates so we everyone can start planning.

@JStew50 @OKW Lover @Accident

Last edited:
Hey, I'll be visiting WDW March 1-11 and it would be great to meet up. Would anyone like to meet for the Yehaa Bob show on March 1 or March 4? And/or, Jellyrolls on March 7 or March 10?

*Question...how do y'all feel about a week night meet up? I'm thinking Springs for the first one...so a weeknight could be a little less crowded.

Or if weekends are better for everyone that's fine too! Just let me know.

Weekday is fine and springs sounds like a plan to me. if it really ends up being twice a month or close to that, I think some should be weekends and maybe a little earlier so it opens up opportunity for different work schedules (it is theme park land, I know around where I live, everyone works all different days and hours).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter