Hey Howdy Hey! We're spending 4th of July w/Mickey..this time w/DxDP! *TR Started*

Hi Heather!

Looks like you guys had a great trip - too bad your DH couldn't make it, I'm sure he missed you guys too. It looks like you did a lot, and went to a lot of fun places! Glad you and the kids had a good time!
Karen

woo hoo!! We are at that 100 day mark! :banana: :yay: :cheer2:

Still seems sooooo far away!

Tomorrow i can do the double digit dance at least! :lmao:

Yeah for 100 days Heather!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo:

LOVE all the pics!! New Mexico looked like a lot of fun, I have never been to the Southwest and would LOVE to go!! Too bad your DH couldn't go but having that extra money toward your trip is awesome!! Those Star Wars cupcakes and cake were so great!! I love seeing pics of cakes, I am a cake-a-holic! It's my favorite food!!! I will stop over your PTR tomorrow to dance the double digits with you!!!:banana:

Great pictures!!!:thumbsup2 It looks like you had a lot of fun in New Mexico!!:goodvibes

Well...since yesterday was 100 days before your trip...that means today you need a double digit dance!!!party:

Yeah for 100 days Heather!!!!!!!!!!::banana:

LOVE all the pics!! New Mexico looked like a lot of fun, I have never been to the Southwest and would LOVE to go!! Too bad your DH couldn't go but having that extra money toward your trip is awesome!! Those Star Wars cupcakes and cake were so great!! I love seeing pics of cakes, I am a cake-a-holic! It's my favorite food!!! I will stop over your PTR tomorrow to dance the double digits with you!!!:banana:

Thanks! :goodvibes That was the first that I have ever traveled out that way from Texas...usually its to LA/MS or FL...been up to Indiana before. It was very cool to see real mountains...not just the Hills in the Hill COuntry..although I do :love: the Hill Country area....so pretty!
:cake: is YUM!! :rotfl:

Great pictures!!!:thumbsup2 It looks like you had a lot of fun in New Mexico!

Well...since yesterday was 100 days before your trip...that means today you need a double digit dance!!!party:
Thanks...we did have a good trip!

OK...now I may do my double digit dance!! woohoo!! So excited...DH didnt seem as excited as me and the kids but oh well..... ;)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheer2: party: :jumping1:

There's my double digit dance!!!! :cool1:

Thanks for dancing along w/us!! :dance3:

So......I had a brain 'toot' the other day.... :lmao:

What IF...

a. Add an extra night to our stay (meaning coming in on the 2nd of July instead of the 3rd....leave home Thursday (July 1) after DH gets off work and drive to MS to stay at his grandma's (that cuts off 6 hrs of drive time) and then get up and boogie to WDW on the 2nd??? About 10 hrs of drive time...then we are there and ready for a FULL day on the 3rd instead of half day??!!?! :idea:

OR

b. I could leave it the same amount of days and switch to Caribbean Beach Resort?? :idea:

WHAT DID I DECIDE?????????????

:rolleyes1

I called and added an EXTRA day of course!! :cool1:

Maybe DH won't notice!! :laughing: I asked him the other night if he would notice if I did that...so really he 'knows' I would prob add it!

Now to add extra ADR's...breakfast and lunch.....I actually got a later ressie @ CRT for 8:15p now!!

Any suggestions for a breakfast and Lunch for July 3rd ???

For breakfast....maybe we can sleep in a bit and grab something easy @ POP for breakfast...
For lunch.... added a ressie for The Plaza @ 1:45p.....not sure if it will stay or not....will be a first.

So......I had a brain 'toot' the other day.... :lmao:

What IF...

a. Add an extra night to our stay (meaning coming in on the 2nd of July instead of the 3rd....leave home Thursday (July 1) after DH gets off work and drive to MS to stay at his grandma's (that cuts off 6 hrs of drive time) and then get up and boogie to WDW on the 2nd??? About 10 hrs of drive time...then we are there and ready for a FULL day on the 3rd instead of half day??!!?! :idea:

OR

b. I could leave it the same amount of days and switch to Caribbean Beach Resort?? :idea:

WHAT DID I DECIDE?????????????

:rolleyes1

I called and added an EXTRA day of course!! :cool1:

Maybe DH won't notice!! :laughing: I asked him the other night if he would notice if I did that...so really he 'knows' I would prob add it!

Now to add extra ADR's...prob late breakfast or early lunch since we have a 5:45p @ CRT princess: (and I cant find any other times available during our stay!!

Any suggestions for a late Breakfast or early Lunch for July 3rd ???
)

:dance3:Congrats on adding that extra night! More time at Disney is always a great thing!

Our favorite breakfast is O'hana's. I can't remember if that was already on your list or not. The food is awesome and we love the charater interaction and atmosphere.

Erika

:dance3:Congrats on adding that extra night! More time at Disney is always a great thing!

Our favorite breakfast is O'hana's. I can't remember if that was already on your list or not. The food is awesome and we love the charater interaction and atmosphere.

Erika
Yes, I do have O'hana's for breakfast on the 8th! I cant wait for that one!

On to the Plan for Day 2 (July 3rd).....Magic Kingdom!

A CM informed me that MK does the 4th of July celebration on the 3rd as well as on the 4th..and it might not be as crowded on the 3rd...so...we'll give it a try! :) MK is having "4th of July Concert in the Sky" @ 9:00p.

I hope we all get a good nights sleep and wake up in good moods and ready to go! Usually we are in great moods while at WDW! Who wouldn't??!! :banana:

Today is for Magic Kingdom..that is our first park we do each time!

Breakfast will be at POP Food Court or we may grab something at the park once we are in! I really want to make it for Rope Drop @ MK! We have NEVER done this before and would like to see what it's all about! The park opens @ 9am this day.

I have a ressie for The Plaza for lunch @ 1:45p...this will be a first for us if we keep this ADR. The menu looked pretty good I thought.

For Dinner we have a ressie to eat in the Castle!! We are soo excited about this! Our ressie is for 8:15p. I am a little nervous for DH to be picky here.

I plan on staying at MK all day and no park hopping. We seem to always start off in Adventureland. My favorite ride at MK is Pirates of the Caribbean.

MK closes at 11p this night so it'll be somewhat an early night to bed.

I must go to Aloha Island too and try the famous Dole Whip for the first time!

I have also been getting WDW designs from the DISigners to make my kiddos shirts instead of buying a shirt for each day.

This day for MK, We will all be wearing our new Mickey/Minnie shirts that I ordered from Disney Store online(I actually bought them for our Chef Mickey's ADR but we canceled that).

Next........... Day 3 plans!

Your Day 1 plans look great!:goodvibes Oohh...you should try and make it to rope drop at MK. We love the Welcome Show!! It's a must-do for us on every trip!!:thumbsup2 I've heard great things about The Plaza-yum! and....eating in the castle?? So exciting!! Sounds like it's going to be a fun day!!!!:)

:thumbsup2Great plans for Day 1. This will be the first year we are not in Magic Kingdom the first day. It is usually a tradition for us.

If possible, you should see the MK Opening. I :love: it! It can really get your excitement going when you hear the train and then see all the characters. Plus, walking down Main Street is awesome. Cast members are down the street welcoming you and waving with their Mickey hands. :cloud9:It is wonderful! I wish I was there now!

popcorn::Can't wait to hear about Day 2.

Erika

Your Day 1 plans look great!:goodvibes Oohh...you should try and make it to rope drop at MK. We love the Welcome Show!! It's a must-do for us on every trip!!:thumbsup2 I've heard great things about The Plaza-yum! and....eating in the castle?? So exciting!! Sounds like it's going to be a fun day!!!!:)

Thanks! The menu for The Plaza looked good....especially the Rueben! YUM! ;) The castle....I have heard so-so reviews on the food but we are r eally going for the simple fact that its in the CASTLE!! princess:

:thumbsup2Great plans for Day 1. This will be the first year we are not in Magic Kingdom the first day. It is usually a tradition for us.

If possible, you should see the MK Opening. I :love: it! It can really get your excitement going when you hear the train and then see all the characters. Plus, walking down Main Street is awesome. Cast members are down the street welcoming you and waving with their Mickey hands. :cloud9:It is wonderful! I wish I was there now!

popcorn::Can't wait to hear about Day 2.

Erika

I am making it mandatory that we make it to Rope Drop! It will be a first....that will be our only morning w/no breakfast ressie...so why not experience another 'first'! It sounds fun!

Oh me too....I wish our trip was closer than 95 days!!! :eek:
I know I know....it will be here before we know it! 8 more weeks of school left for DS...I am sure it will fly by!

Hi Heather!

Congrats on the extra day!!! :cool1: I would have choosen that option as well!! That's great hat it worked out that way!

Your plans for MK look great! I'm sure dinner at the castle will be wonderful! Have you done dinner there before or is this the first time?

Good luck on getting to rope drop! My plan is to do RD at MK on our first day there as well - hope we can make it! I'm guessing that on the first morning we'll all be excited enough to get ourselves up and out of bed!

Great idea for the T-shirts. I've thought about making some too, I need to go over to the DISigners thread and look at their designs. I think we'll wear matching shirts the first day for sure, and maybe more than one day (I can just picture my DH rolling his eyes as I type this) :rotfl2:

Karen

Hi Heather!

Congrats on the extra day!!! :cool1: I would have choosen that option as well!! That's great hat it worked out that way! Thanks!

Your plans for MK look great! I'm sure dinner at the castle will be wonderful! Have you done dinner there before or is this the first time? This will be a first time to eat there! I had thought of eating there last trip but it was too much $$ I thought! But now that we are on DxDP this trip it makes it nice to dine where ever and not worry about the price. IMO.

Good luck on getting to rope drop! My plan is to do RD at MK on our first day there as well - hope we can make it! I'm guessing that on the first morning we'll all be excited enough to get ourselves up and out of bed! I am thinking if we can get to bed the night before at a decent time (no parks that night) then we can make it to RD before 9am. I think we will all be excited as well so it'll work out! ;)

Great idea for the T-shirts. I've thought about making some too, I need to go over to the DISigners thread and look at their designs. I think we'll wear matching shirts the first day for sure, and maybe more than one day (I can just picture my DH rolling his eyes as I type this) :rotfl2:
Thanks! Last trip I bought a new shirt for DD & DS for each day of our trip...i shopped the deals though thank goodness! You should check them out...they are super nice and will peersonalize their designs for you w/names or whatever! I've gotten some really cute ones. Thats too funny...I ask DH last night if he would wear matching shirts if I made them! :rotfl: Um.....he really didnt give me a straight answer on that one. I have a design that is Pirate Mickey/Minnie that I think he would wear..maybe...hopefully! :lmao: I am sure he would if DD said so! I'll post pics once the shirts are made! I made a practice one..maybe I can find them and take a pic and post.

On to the Plan for Day 3 (4th of July).........Epcot!
We have NEVER made it all the way around...the only country we have made it to is Mexico and that was just to eat there!

Epcot(FW) has EMH this morning....will we make it to RD here too and still have time to get to Akershus on time??

We have breakfast (8:10a) planned at Akershus to have some fun w/the Princesses! This will be a first as well!

Then we have a ressie for lunch @ Chefs de France (1:40p)...not 100% sure that this one will stay. Thought it would be cute to see Remy from Ratatouile..hoping he would make it to our table of course!

Onto dinner (7:10p)...we have a ressie at Garden Grill..the reviews I have read are positive so I am looking forward to this one too...DS chose it too as Chip & Dale, Mickey & Pluto will also be there.

We have yet to see Illuminations (10:00p) either..so....this is a must tonight as it is the 4th of July!! Another first! We sure have alot of firsts!! That's my reason to DH that you can go two years in a row and experience new things! ;)

Planning on taking our time this day at Epcot in order to see all the countries and different experiences there! As for rides...Test Track is a favorite w/us all...wonder if DD will be able to make the height requirement (40") this time! I'll have to measure her....

well...

she is 38" right now w/no shoes!! :rolleyes1

For the shirts this day....DD & DS will have Red, White & Blue Tie-Dye Mickey Shirts!

Up Next....Day 4 Plans...

HI Heather!! Your Day 1 and Day 2 plans sound great!! Woo Hoo for adding an extra day as well!!! pixiedust:Pixie Dust for your DD to hit a growth spurt here and then she will FOR SURE be that magical 40"!!!!

HI Heather!! Your Day 1 and Day 2 plans sound great!! Woo Hoo for adding an extra day as well!!! pixiedust:Pixie Dust for your DD to hit a growth spurt here and then she will FOR SURE be that magical 40"!!!!

Hey Beth! Thanks! I am excited to actually be able to have a FULL day at WDW instead of just evening! :goodvibes
I hope she can grow a bit more....3 months to go so....maybe??!! ;)

I'm loving your PTR so far! Can't wait to hear more!

I'm excited for my Ashlyn to be old enough to do BBB. :goodvibes I hope you plan on doing a TR! I would love to see pics!!!

We've had lunch and dinner in the castle (two separate trips :rotfl:) and are planning on doing lunch again this trip. We love it!!!

That video of your Ashlynn getting a call from Princess Tiana was just too sweet! Made me tear up. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter