He's with the Band! a DL Performing Arts TR- 7/13/15 A little Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum!

What a great day!

Looks like fun with Alison.

Alison is always fun!

And I'm green with envy over 1901. How cool for you all and what a great place to hang out from the hubbub of the parks.

One of the neatest things about it was just how "away" it was. And that there were other families in there with kids, just escaping. It was an oasis of serious coolness.

What a great day! I've heard of Club 33, but I've never heard of 1901. Very cool that you got to go in there!

I hadn't either! It was incredibly cool.

Yuck... Been there, done that. Always a pain in the rear.

Poor Jeff had to wipe and reset his phone last night, technology is not our friend at home lately.

Oh yeah, definitely much better to be on this side of that rope!!!

MUCH better!

I can see how it would be a little bit of both, but I'm leaning a little more towards impressed. :thumbsup2

At that age, then 14, I would never have had the self confidence to do that. Even if he really is insecure on the inside and it's all an act, I still wouldn't have done it. That is the part I love. The appropriateness of it is a bit questionable but they were clean and brand new and the only other folks in there had little kids so it was relatively "safe" from disapproving eyes.

He loves those slippers!

It definitely looks like it was! I'm glad you got to hang out with Alison for a few hours!

Me too, we had a fabulous time, my parents really enjoyed meeting her too and given all my mom's back issues ont hat trip it was a gift to have something so cool, that didn't wipe her out.

I had so much fun that day, and it was the first time I ever hit 10,000 steps. I remember exactly where it was just outside the kids club at the GCH, my fitbit had never vibrated like that and it FREAKED me out! I had only been wearing it for a month back then.

I couldn't remember exactly when it happened but it was so funny and it did freak you out!

Your kids were so funny, from talking about seeing headless Mickey backstage supposedly smoking a cigarette to the slippers, it was a silly day.

Oh my goodness. That Evan. Take it all with a grain of salt. He lately has claimed it was a headless Goofy and has left out the smoking part. He's a story teller. I am sure there is a grain of truth in all of it but...he has been known to embellish a bit. He does still maintain that backstage DL is very "ghetto" and that the headless Goofy traumatized him. LOL

It was a silly day, in all the best possible ways. Even if I did mix up that we did RSR first. It was too much work to go back and switch all the pictures. But that actually makes sense, it seemed too light out to have gone to the villa after that and I didn't recall it being htat early when we headed back. The weirdest part for me is trying to figure out when the heck Eric and my dad went on Tower. According to the PP time stamp it was right before RSR which is what made me think that we did 1901 first. But for all I know it's a PP issue and they went on it in the morning while the rest of us shopped. I know we did shopping in DCA that day as Evan's shirt is a clear sign. There was a dooney I was really considering (and still kind of wish I'd gotten but I was on an art mission). I suspect that is what happened. They did Tower, we shopped. I know my mom bought a bunch of baby gifts for my sister who had just announced her pregnancy at that same time.

I can't believe how heavy I look in those pictures! You caught me at my worst angles! :rotfl2: I really hope that I have lost a little since then. :worried:

They are horrible and not reflective of you at all, I think you have and thought so both in August and at Thanksgiving.

It is nice to spend a lazy evening around the Villa. I hope we are going to that Friday night!

We are! I packed last night and did my nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!

I'm trying to make the rounds one last time before I leave for my trip.

What a great day, Cynthia, and a fun DISmeet with Fran. Glad you, your parents and the boys had a good time with her. And lucky you getting into the special club.

I love that Evan bought those slippers and still wears them. :goodvibes

What a great day!!!! From all the rides, to fabulous company, to relaxing in 1901, to more rides. Fabulous!!!! I love coming 'home' and relaxing at the resort.

Wow! What an amazing place to hang out and have a drink! LOVE all the memorabilia and the little special details.
LOVE the Mickey slippers too!! Very, very appropriate.
And another ride on RSR too, what a great afternoon!

I'm trying to make the rounds one last time before I leave for my trip.

What a great day, Cynthia, and a fun DISmeet with Fran. Glad you, your parents and the boys had a good time with her. And lucky you getting into the special club.

Impressive that you are making the rounds! It seems like every time I try I get caught up on 1 or 2 and that's about the dent I can make. Super frustrating. It was a wonderful day all around. We didn't get to meet Fran that trip, but loved hanging out with Alison and I did get to meet Fran in August and then see her again over Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing both of them tomorrow!

I love that Evan bought those slippers and still wears them. :goodvibes

I love that a 14 year old teen wanted them and the almost 16 year old still wears them!

Great day Cynthia and topped off with a DISmeet AND a visit to the 1901 lounge! You can't beat that!! :thumbsup2

Nope, you can't beat that! It was a great day.

What a great day!!!! From all the rides, to fabulous company, to relaxing in 1901, to more rides. Fabulous!!!! I love coming 'home' and relaxing at the resort.

It was lovely from start to finish!

Wow! What an amazing place to hang out and have a drink! LOVE all the memorabilia and the little special details.

It was amazing

LOVE the Mickey slippers too!! Very, very appropriate.

He had wanted them earlier in the day. Evan is VERY much an impulse shopper so I made him think about them for the afternoon before I let him go get them. He is like a dog with a bone though, once he decides he wants something, he is relentless.

Even if he ends up regretting it later. Which thankfully in this instance, he did not.

Gonna be quiet on the Dis with a number of you heading to the Birthday bash. Have fun!

All caught up! Looks like a really great day! OMG I am cracking up over all those Mickey shoes photos! :rotfl2:

Sounds so magical! I still haven't tried the martini from Carthay, I always opt for wine! :rolleyes1
Your TR makes me miss Disneyland so much! :)

Caught up and this was the first one of well probably too many....

A lovely day indeed. Nice to see Alison and go to 1901. Too funny about the boys. Evan and the slippers and then his comfort on the couch. :rotfl2:

Very relaxing evening and you need that. :thumbsup2

I love your pictures from the other side of the rope. We were in the parks early every morning, but we never saw this.

What a fantastic afternoon!!!

You did some great rides, met up with a friend and had drinks in a supremely cool spot!

So you said 1901 was in DCA. Where exactly? Or if you tell me do you have to kill me?

What was that amazing looking drink in front of your mom?

Cracking up at the ToT ride photo, with the people covering their faces.

Loving the stories and pictures of Evan- those slippers are great!

Oh my, you ended the night with a drink in another very cool spot. What a view!

:goodvibes:

Gonna be quiet on the Dis with a number of you heading to the Birthday bash. Have fun!

I bet! I am still not caught up. Probably b/c I got back from the bday fiesta, turned around and went to SF for the weekend. Did a little bit of DISing this weekend but spent more time uploading and sorting pics...then fully unpacking and dealing with the disaster that is my bedroom. Must do that this weekend! It's almost overwhelming how far behind I am on the uploading and sorting of pictures. I did at least get all of last May's girls trip up into photobucket finally and started on the fall anniversary trip. That one is a monster though and needs editing...and then photobucket decided to stop playing nice.

All caught up! Looks like a really great day! OMG I am cracking up over all those Mickey shoes photos! :rotfl2:

Classic Evan. He was wearing them yesterday!

Sounds so magical! I still haven't tried the martini from Carthay, I always opt for wine! :rolleyes1
Your TR makes me miss Disneyland so much! :)

I love the concept and the look of a martini but it just isn't my drink.

Caught up and this was the first one of well probably too many....

A lovely day indeed. Nice to see Alison and go to 1901. Too funny about the boys. Evan and the slippers and then his comfort on the couch. :rotfl2:

Very relaxing evening and you need that. :thumbsup2

I've given up on being caught up. It was a lovely day all around!

I love your pictures from the other side of the rope. We were in the parks early every morning, but we never saw this.

I love being on the other side!

On Alison's Bday trip the girls and I did RD one morning and it was funny, we were moving from FL to AL when the rope was due to drop and it was hysterical trying to beat the masses

What a fantastic afternoon!!!

You did some great rides, met up with a friend and had drinks in a supremely cool spot!

So you said 1901 was in DCA. Where exactly? Or if you tell me do you have to kill me?

What was that amazing looking drink in front of your mom?

It was a fantastic afternoon!

Nah, I don't have to kill you, it's easily googleable. LOL! It's right next to the Carthay Circle, it's in the same building. You can't see in it though... I would have never known it was there for sure.

No clue on the drink, I think it was just a raspberry lemonade or something like that...topped with foam to be fancy. Whatever it was, she liked it enough to have a second one.

Cracking up at the ToT ride photo, with the people covering their faces.

Loving the stories and pictures of Evan- those slippers are great!

Oh my, you ended the night with a drink in another very cool spot. What a view!

:goodvibes:

I do love those slippers, and more importantly I love that he loves them!

Given that this trip was over a year ago, and my last update was a month ago, and that I have been back to DL twice since then (and WDW twice and Aulani once and a cruise...LOL) ...I really need to wrap this puppy up! BAD DISer!

For those that have hung in there, thank you! The year of magical trips is over and there isn't much on the horizon but wow, what a year! We still have a fun full day left to share though.

The last morning started, as all mornings should, with coffee on the balcony!

I had a pretty decent view from mine but, thanks to the giant tree to my left, a dark mug and how the morning light was hitting, photos were difficult. Still, I tried.

IMG_0484.jpg

a little better

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

But to see my super special new mug, I had to go for a close up

IMG_0488.jpg

Yep. A magical mug. Not that I went to Club 33, because I didn't, but through connections I was able to snag one of these pretties for me. 1901 doesn't offer their own items. Unfortunately I didn't think to get my mom a wine glass and she's still a tad annoyed with me about that. I love this mug! It has everything right about it! Perfect size, great handle, feels just right. Except...it's handwash only. Which around here is DANGEROUS! So I am pretty careful about using it and then washing it right away when I do. Sadly that means I don't use it nearly as much as I'd like...it's a special occasion mug!

IMG_0489.jpg

I may have gotten carried away with my morning coffee joy

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

But as you can see it was perfect out!

Our plan? Hit MK early and hard. It was just the boys and I. If memory serves Mom and Dad were out of tickets and needed to pack up. We had done so the night before so we could hit it hard today.

IMG_0495.jpg

amazing! Right on time. The E's are pretty good about that stuff when it's the last day lol.

IMG_0496.jpg

As you can see, it was a magic morning. And, we knew how brutal the crowds were going to continue to be.

First up, a little journey into space!

52936130072.jpg

I have to admit, I like the DL version better. I loved sitting next to my kid on this ride! Eric vehemently disagreed and prefers the WDW version but Evan and I give the nod to DL here.

Not too crowded yet

IMG_0497.jpg

Thank goodness as this was the first and only time I made it on Space the whole trip! Which is better than I did on the birthday trip but oh well, you can't hit them all every time.

A little more tomorrowland fun (I can't wait to see the movie!)

IMG_0498.jpg

From there we decided to head elsewhere and walked by some stage production (I think) that seemed neat. It was interactive if memory serves and mid show. I took this picture but now, a year later (ok slightly more than a year) I really have no clue what it was!

IMG_0499.jpg

We needed a little main street action

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Should we go here?

IMG_0502.jpg

Or here?

IMG_0503.jpg

Better idea, force the kids to get a picture taken! Evan was MOST resistant to pictures and had to be browbeat into it

IMG_0504.jpg

That fanny pack cracks me up. Aside from the fact that it is bigger than he is and looks silly, he HAD to have it, bought it on this trip with his souvenir money and....hasn't used it since. We will see if the hemp messenger back he bought at yesterdays Folk Life Festival meets the same fate.

I need to check with him on that red shirt though. Because if he's outgrown it, I am totally taking it!

Yay! One with Eric smiling

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

How about a swing by New Orleans Square?

IMG_0507.jpg

Yep, it was bright out!

But quiet still

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

I assume we rode something here, probably Pirates but don't have a picture to document. What I do know is that we split up at this point. The boys wanted to keep riding and I wanted do to some shopping, preferably solo as well...it's just SO much faster! I said they could stay...for a price.

The price of a photo with mom!

52936130077.jpg

Hah hah, hey I can add this border if I want, right?

52936130076.jpg

52936130078.jpg

52936130079.jpg

With that, it was shopping time!

I was still on my art mission. I had a powder room with no personality that needed SOMETHING!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Continued from previous

Shop with me!

First I hit WoD.

I did like these

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

But I swear I look at them every trip and never actually buy them so that tells you soemthing.

I also coveted this new Dooney this trip

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

it was the Flower and Garden version, I've not seen it out since then. While I do have some buyers regret on this one, the reality at the time was my souvenir budget called for art...not a bag for me. And though I could have bought this in WDW on the girls trip a month later...my budget for that trip was a massage...and more art. I do still kind of wish I'd bought it tough! Especially in DL when at the time, I could have gotten 20% off. Oh well. I wasn't quite there in the Dooney purchases at that time. Since then I have bought 2 wristlets that I love and use a lot and foresee that when the "right" bag presents itself I'll end up with something larger. Problem is I loved this style and size, which isn't a normal one for the Disney offerings. Oh well.

Moving on, I noticed that a ton of new Adventureland merch had popped up overnight. Now it's been out for a while but then it was brand new!

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

I have often looked at these, but like the tees above, never pull the trigger

IMG_0523.jpg

From here, I headed down to Wonderland Galleries to see what they had. I found a few things I liked

Some, I just liked but would never actually buy and hang in my house

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

I really liked this series and thought about it for the powder room

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Problem is, Jeff only liked 2 of the 4 rides they had in the series...he is a HM and teacup hater.

They also had it in a non canvas option

IMG_0534.jpg

This series was kind of neat too, a lot more subtle (and would have involved buying frames at home)

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

The colors really weren't quite right though.

A weeks worth of texting pictures back and forth and at the end of the day we kept coming back to the same thing.

These vintage posters

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

But...we weren't sure they really all "went" together in one room as much as we would like, didn't love the colors/image on one or two. The size options didn't really work to do more than one in the space we had to work with. At the end of the day we decided that...

It would be fine to have an Enchanted Tiki Bathroom.

Of course, after I ordered it, it showed up on the Disney Store for order and isn't nearly as "special" as something you can only order in the parks but oh well. I still love it!

While I was shopping, the boys managed to do this

52936130080.jpg

YAY Eric for using the PP card!

We met up and headed back to the villa for the dreaded final pack and dumping of bags at Bell Services. The good news was, our flight wasn't until something like 7:30 so we still had some time for more fun once the chores were done!

Congrats on deciding on some artwork for your bathroom! I like the Enchanted Tiki Room poster!

The year of magical trips is over and there isn't much on the horizon but wow, what a year!
Indeed! You've had a lot of Disney time to enjoy this year. I'm jealous. :rotfl:

Yep. A magical mug. Not that I went to Club 33, because I didn't, but through connections I was able to snag one of these pretties for me.
Ok, I don't drink coffee and I don't collect mugs. But I really like this one.

amazing! Right on time. The E's are pretty good about that stuff when it's the last day lol.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I have to admit, I like the DL version better.
::yes:: Totally agree.

That fanny pack cracks me up. Aside from the fact that it is bigger than he is and looks silly, he HAD to have it, bought it on this trip with his souvenir money and....hasn't used it since.
:rotfl2::rotfl: Well, at the time it was the thing to have...

Hah hah, hey I can add this border if I want, right?
Well played. :thumbsup2

It would be fine to have an Enchanted Tiki Bathroom.
Ok, not to sound creepy, but do you have any pictures? I think the Enchanted Tiki Bathroom sounds like a great idea. I'd kind of like to see how you implemented the theme.

Great new coffee mug for the way you always start your day.

What sweet pictures with the boys who are taller than you. And I think every mom should I have the I Love Mom border on their photo with their kids. :)

I like the Tiki poster (Mark would love that in our bathroom...perhaps in our new home I'll give it some thought).

As I get ready to head to a very special birthday party, I wanted to get a very special update up!
I have had the WORST computer luck this past month and the saga continues. I've actually refused to give the office either of the laptops issued to me at the moment to try and fix as I just need to get some WORK done, even if the darn things crash on me it’s better than starting over, and over and over and over again!

Similar issues at home although interestingly enough, wiping that system clean, re-installing it to factory settings and loading ancient software seems to have done the trick enough for me to be able to hobble by. Sure I can’t download a current anti virus program and sure, it has a 2003 version of office on it but since all I really use it for is quicken, I don’t care all that much. The rest of my life lives in the cloud…

Ugh what a nightmare! I'm not having nearly as bad computer problems as you (faulty charger which means my computer was dead half the time) but I never realized how much I need my computer. Should look into a backup computer :scratchin

Proof

P4238873.jpg

yeah, bad picture but proof is proof.

:lmao: Good proof!

:hyper:

This place is more than amazing for sure! It's so comfortable and relaxing. And you know just right outside those walls is a madhouse of people rushing around.

So he went and got them, returned, and put them on!

93aeb4fd-80a8-4623-9e0b-f17f2a24d4ce.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

Okay, did not see this purchase coming! :lmao:

And she did!

52923070004.jpg

Your mom looks legitimately frightened :rotfl:

I had wanted to ask you when you emailed these pics for the collage, what did the Photographer have you do here?

I went for dessert with a view

IMG_0467.jpg

Perfect.

A funny story. At some point during the day as we were walking to and from somewhere, Alison’s fit bit went off as he had hit her step count goal. Startled her! Well, she wasn't the only one who got a lot of steps in that day.

I had so much fun that day, and it was the first time I ever hit 10,000 steps. I remember exactly where it was just outside the kids club at the GCH, my fitbit had never vibrated like that and it FREAKED me out! I had only been wearing it for a month back then.

I was going to ask what it does when it goes off! Very cool.

But to see my super special new mug, I had to go for a close up

IMG_0488.jpg

I SO SO SO regret not purchasing something when I had the pleasure of visiting back in...wow, 2010?? That's way too long ago :sad2:

Except...it's handwash only. Which around here is DANGEROUS!

::yes:: Same here.

I have to admit, I like the DL version better

Totally agree! It's way more fun sitting with someone.

Uh, you NEVER see it like this anymore!!! Can't believe how empty it is!

I like that shirt!

Wow, just amazed with the emptiness that is happening.

Super cute!

the reality at the time was my souvenir budget called for art

What about wearable art :teeth:

Love this series!

Last day already?? Oh that Dooney is too cute! I thought I had found the one for me on the cruise but the handles were too thin :(

Evan doesn't look too displeased at having his picture taken, but it is nice to see Eric smiling :)

Very nice mug! Those Mickey soap dispensers are adorable, I haven't seen them before.

Nice mug! I always hate the day when you have to pack up and leave.

Glad you got the boys to pose with you.

We have a ton of those Mickey Toothbrush holders and the cups that go with them. Pretty much one in every bathroom.

It's always hard to choose when it comes to Disney art. But your DH is not a fan of the Haunted Mansion? Reallly?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter