Hertz rental cars near port canaveral?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi - sorry to bother you but I asked this question a while back on the transport thread and didn't get any replies - so thought i'd try my luck here!!:goodvibes

We are considering hiring a car from the Port after our disney cruise for the rest of our vacation. We will be ending our trip at Universal and understand that they have on-site car rental desks for Hertz.

So does anyone know whether there is a Hertz rental office near the Port??

And if so, how easy is it to collect the car after the cruise? (Bearing in mind we will have 2 young children and 4 weeks worth of luggage to carry!!:lmao: )

Thanks for any info!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I am not sure on the exact location of Hertz, but most of the rental places are on one main road in Cape Canaveral. They do offer a free shuttle to/from the port. If you don't want to worry about carrying all the luggage, you can always have one person in your party take the shuttle to pick up the car and come and pick you, the kids & your luggage up at the port. Same thing dropping off at the port - drop you guys & the luggage to the porters and then go and drop the car off and take the shuttle to the port. While dropping off the car you & the kids can get checked in and will be all set when the driver gets back. Just make sure you have the passports for everyone to check in and the driver will need a drivers license to be able to get into the terminal to meet up with you.

Hi - sorry to bother you but I asked this question a while back on the transport thread and didn't get any replies - so thought i'd try my luck here!!:goodvibes

We are considering hiring a car from the Port after our disney cruise for the rest of our vacation. We will be ending our trip at Universal and understand that they have on-site car rental desks for Hertz.

So does anyone know whether there is a Hertz rental office near the Port??

And if so, how easy is it to collect the car after the cruise? (Bearing in mind we will have 2 young children and 4 weeks worth of luggage to carry!!:lmao: )

Thanks for any info!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Go to this link and it is full of information that will help you all the way around including car rentals and locations.
Always
Shirley

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

We rented a car from Hertz after our cruise in March. They have a free shuttle from the port. Our porter took our luggage right to the shuttle for us and loaded it up. The Hertz office is not far away and is located in a small building in a hotel parking lot. We then returned the car to the MCO offsite location and caught the shuttle back to the airport.

Hertz worked great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter