Here's what a little PIXIE DUST can do ....... a dining review+pics COMPLETED!!!!!

Awesome start. I'm getting hungry.

Oh, you better wait for the really GOOD stuff ;):rotfl:! I just uploaded some of our cruise photos - Palo dinners and Palo brunch buffet! Made me SO hungry too and I just had dinner! :lmao:

I could almost taste your shrimp from Bubba Gumps! Subscribing with glee; I followed your last trip report and gained weight from it!:rotfl:

I could almost taste your shrimp from Bubba Gumps! Subscribing with glee; I followed your last trip report and gained weight from it!:rotfl:

I am glad you are here! :goodvibes Hope you'll enjoy this report as much as my last one! Lots of yummy food to review and A LOT of photos to come!

Still day 2, Aug 16

Lunch at Bubba Gump (yip, ate there again already! :lmao:)

We spent the morning taking a sightseeing tour in Miami. There was a 1 1/2 hour lunch break at the Bayside Marketplace before the boat tour in the afternoon, so since we had enjoyed dinner the day before so much we went to have lunch at Bubba Gump.

IMG_2120.jpg

Remember this? Yes, I had another one of their Strawberry Speckled Lemonades. It is just SO good!

We skipped the starters this time and went straight for the main courses!

IMG_2121.jpg

I love their shrimp, so I got Mama Blue's Southern Charmed Fried Shrimp with hot and crispy Fries Tartar Sauce and Cocktail Sauce for dippin' and some coleslaw. How can you not like crispy fried, tender and juicy shrimp dipped in sauces? It was yummy. But there were so many shrimp I was not able to finish it! :sad2:

IMG_2122.jpg

Tom had a feast too! He ordered Shrimper's Heaven! Love Shrimp? This one's for you! Coconut Shrimp, Chilly Shrimp, Fried Shrimp, Tempura Shrimp, Fries, and of course Dippin' Sauces and coleslaw! Unbelieveably good but a HUGE portion! I think he left one or two shrimp too!

We skipped dessert and got in line for our sightseeing tour by boat.

Next up - Krispy Kreme (as if you would not know what it looks like :rotfl:)

Still day 2, Aug 16

After our boat tour we went back to the hotel to relax for a while, then we decided to do some shopping and were looking for a mall. We found one, but it was quite a way away. After our shopping was done, we discussed what we would have for dinner while we were driving back. It was nearly dark by now and suddenly a lit sign hit my eye! HOT NOW!! Oh my god, we had just passed a Krispy Kreme location!!
We made a u-turn at the next intersection and went back, and dinner plans were final.
We bought a dozen doughnuts and a large diet coke to share and sat there in the shop watching the doughnuts run off the production belt and munching our still hot, ooey, gooey, soft and yummy, sweet, little, round delights!

IMG_2128.jpg

Once back at the hotel we just had an early night (those 6 hours time difference were still bugging me) and we had a long drive to Key West ahead of us as well.

Next up - dinner at Outback Steakhouse in Key West

Oh....my. Krispy Kreme! They closed all the ones by us and I miss them so much. I could just grab one off the screen and have myself a piece of heaven. :worship:

It all looks good so far.:thumbsup2 Well, except for the lemon thingy you got on the airplane. Can't wait to see more!

Your pictures are excellent; I'm loving your report so far. Thanks for taking the time to post!

They closed them?? :sad2: Krispy Kreme is :love: :rotfl2:

Yes, they closed them all (there may be one in the South Suburbs). But they closed the one at the train station that I got off at and would pick up on my way to the office. :sad2: I was very depressed to say the least. Now my choice is Dunkin Donuts -- YUK!

Day 3, Aug 17

Dinner at Outback Steakhouse

We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant buffet again and since our plates looked exactly the same as the day before we did not take any photos.

We left the hotel early and started our drive towards Key West. Once you leave the mainland the scenery is just amazing!

IMG_2170.jpg

There were many stops along the way to take in the beauty of the drive there. It was close to 3pm when we finally arrived at Key West. I had decided last minute to change hotels and we were SO glad we did!

I know this is about dining, but I just have to share a few photos of the hotel - it was just amazing!

IMG_2409.jpg

The balcony runs around the room.

IMG_2370.jpg

We were on the 3rd floor and it is the building on the right.

IMG_2181.jpg

View from the room by day

IMG_2408.jpg

and at night!

Okay, back to the food!

Once we had settled in we went to Publix to stock up on a few more groceries (let's say it out loud, Coke, beer and wine :rotfl2:) and decided to try the Outback Steakhouse, which was right next door, for dinner.
I had done my homework and researched which restaurants would be nice there and the Outback Steakhouse had a tempting online menu.

We were seated right away and handed a menu. It was rather dark and it took me a while to read it, so while I was still reading the waiter took our drinks order, two diet cokes.

IMG_2187.jpg

Together with the Cokes he brought out the bread and butter. The bread was really soft and warm. It tasted so different to the usual bread and we were hungry, so we both really dug in. There was a whole loaf and as you can see we had already attacked the bread when I remembered to take the photo.

On to our starter:

IMG_2188.jpg

We ordered a Bloomin’ Onion. A true Outback original. Their special onion is hand-carved by a dedicated bloomologist, cooked until golden and ready to dip into their spicy signature bloom sauce.
It actually cannot be compared to onion rings. The whole onion is coated in batter and fried! The bottom was a bit greasy but the the "petals" were crisp and filled with sweet juicy onion.
The photo does not do it justice - this thing is HUGE!!! I mean 4 people can easily snack on this. We did not even finish half of it!

Once he had brought out the onion the waiter took our main course orders.

IMG_2191.jpg

Tom ordered the Outback Special. Their signature 9 oz. sirloin, seasoned with bold spices and seared just right and topped with their Lobster & Mushroom Topping. It came with two sides and Tom decided on Fries and veggies.
Let me start with the steak and topping - I had a bite and this was GOOD!! I mean really tasty and melt in your mouth, cooked to order steak. The fries were your regular fries, but there were fresh veggies, which actually still had a crunch to it. He cleaned his plate!!

IMG_2189.jpg

I had the Victoria’s Filet, the most tender and juicy thick cut filet, cooked to order, which comes with two sides as well. I chose a baked potato with butter and sour cream and the veggies as well. The steak was seasoned very well and cooked to perfection. You could have cut it with a fork tender! The baked potato was ....... well, a baked potato! Actually I would have gotten a clean plate sticker there as well. It was so good!

We were too stuffed to have dessert and went back to the resort to enjoy some time out on our balcony overlooking the ocean.
Needless to say you need a little drink while sitting out on the balcony - mine was extra special!

IMG_2255.jpg

We had picked up a bottle of Silverado Sauvignon Blanc. I just LOVE this TRUE Disney wine being produced by Diane Disney's family. We visited the winery in 2006 and ever since if we can get hold of this wonderful wine we get a bottle. (It was NOT the only bottle of Silverado we had)

IMG_2310.jpg

Tom had a little "liquid" to celebrate this great hotelroom with too!

Coming up next - breakfast at the Southernmost Cafe at the beach.

Yes, they closed them all (there may be one in the South Suburbs). But they closed the one at the train station that I got off at and would pick up on my way to the office. :sad2: I was very depressed to say the least. Now my choice is Dunkin Donuts -- YUK!

That is such a shame! You are right .. once you had a Krispy Kreme :worship: , Dunkin just can't compare with it!

Great reviews, coming from Austria Tom is a brave man to drink a Miller Genuine Draft :rotfl2:...oh to get back to Salzburg and return to the Augustiner Brau.

I am SO in!!! I love your reviews - keep it coming! :cool1:

I just had the very same dinner as you from Outback tonight!! Looking forward to more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter