Here's a real DCL WOW - 12/29/05 Wonder sailing gets a surprise double scoop!!!

mruhaak said:
We were on the cruise after this. They served us that way the entire time. Since it was my first Disney cruise I just thought this was the way they always did it. Although when we first arrived at port they told us (before we were even out of our car!) that someone had been sick on the cruise before us and that we would need to be sure and use all the hand sanitizers. I thought this was just their way of getting people to take it seriously!

INTERESTING!

There was someone Evacuated by the Coast Guard after the first day at Cataway! I imagined it to be something more serious than a stomach virus. But now I can't help but wonder if it was all related?

A cast member told me that they are more likely to serve this way during January and February when more "flu" is around -- that our cruise was not the first. The New Year's cruise the OP is talking about they only served us on the buffets the last day and a half.

Still a great cruise!

Well, no matter what I am highly impressed at the lengths they went to to try and contain the illness. I just read on another report how the lady said she thought the bathrooms were so clean... it's true. They were working hard to make sure nothing would spread. I know I took it seriously and was using the antibac every chance I got as was everyone else traveling with me.

The evacuation was most likely the older gentlman who became ill in the water in the snorkle area. He appeared to not be able to breath. Two gentlemen rescued him and brought him onto the beach. Disney's response was less than stellar in my opinion. The took him off the beach in a golfcart truck with oxygen, etc. I don't think it had anything to do with the stomach virus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter