Here now- New DAS pass (easy peasy)

ccbayly

Earning My Ears
I wanted to ease the minds of those who are worried about needing a DAS and not sure about getting one. I arrived today for a 10 day vacation and I have multiple sclerosis. Although most of my accommodation issues are taken care of with a scooter, I have some issues with heat intolerance and extereme bathroom urgency that the scooter doesn't help. I explained my needs in about 1 minute to a very nice guest service worker and was given a DAS so I could wait somewhere cooler and near a bathroom if I needed to. It was easy, no stress, no worries. I had worried about if I was "eligible" for a DAS for no reason at all. It was so nice to be able to enjoy my day more fully with less worries.

I just wanted to check in so hopefully I could lessen someone else's worries too!

yes they are giving just about anyone a DAS card now ( not saying you should or should not have one) but I have been behind a number of people that say I can not stand long can I have a DAS or I have a wheel chair I need a DAS ( I have heard both of them) I have also had a CM tell me I do not qualify for a DAS even after having one for over 2 years and none of my needs have changed

I will be back in the world in a little over 8 days for a week then 2 more times in October so we shall see on what CM I get some want to know why I need it some just look at me and say why ( there are times I look normal) then some times they are fine ( when I am having problems some people can tell) but I hope you have a great trip

Op glad u can relax now that your situation was acknowledged with the help you needed. Enjoy your visit.

Gap2368, it should not depend on Which cm you get to determine your needs. If you are not being understood by the cm and feeling frustrated, perhaps ask to speak with a manager.
I can't imagine Disney wants you to not get the help you need.
Moreover, they should Not be determining needs based on Anything visual. Many issues are Not visible.
I wish you success and that you enjoy your visit.
Let us know how you do.

never meant to be rude at all and I think I said that it was just something I have seen I think the op has a good resion to have a DAS it was just general statement is all, I have always been given one some times I need to do more explaining then other times some times I just have to ask to renew I do go to disney a lot and hit RD at MK and often they have people renew the DAS over where you pick up the pagcages and the first few minute s there are normally just one CM in there ( or if there are two I get the CM with the iPad not working and has to get another one next door with leaves me in the room and it is every thing I can do not to hear what other are saying.

I wanted to ease the minds of those who are worried about needing a DAS and not sure about getting one.

So glad the process ran smoothly for you and I am sure that's the case in most situations, although like all systems there can be the odd occasion when it doesn't work, which is a shame.

Thanks for sharing! My 4yo son has autism/sensory issues, especially in close/loud crowds. He also has a hypotonic bladder requiring frequent, urgent urination. I'm hoping they will accommodate with DAS as well as a sticker for the stroller to take in lines because he has poor muscle development and coordination - fatigues easy and falls down easily. I am hoping they will accommodate when we go Oct 1st.

HAVE A SPECTACULAR, MAGICAL TIME!!!

Thanks for sharing! My 4yo son has autism/sensory issues, especially in close/loud crowds. He also has a hypotonic bladder requiring frequent, urgent urination. I'm hoping they will accommodate with DAS as well as a sticker for the stroller to take in lines because he has poor muscle development and coordination - fatigues easy and falls down easily. I am hoping they will accommodate when we go Oct 1st.

I do not know if you are planing on going to the park your first day but MK 45 anniversary is that day. here is a link to a thread about crowds just so you can plan in case it gets too crowded http://www.disboards.com/threads/ma...hting-the-crowds.3536949/page-2#post-56501488

I wanted to ease the minds of those who are worried about needing a DAS and not sure about getting one. I arrived today for a 10 day vacation and I have multiple sclerosis. Although most of my accommodation issues are taken care of with a scooter, I have some issues with heat intolerance and extereme bathroom urgency that the scooter doesn't help. I explained my needs in about 1 minute to a very nice guest service worker and was given a DAS so I could wait somewhere cooler and near a bathroom if I needed to. It was easy, no stress, no worries. I had worried about if I was "eligible" for a DAS for no reason at all. It was so nice to be able to enjoy my day more fully with less worries.
I just wanted to check in so hopefully I could lessen someone else's worries too!

Thanks for your thread, hopefully our request will go smoothly as well. Do you mind me asking which park you were in when requesting one? I've heard different stories about different parks, some being more 'understanding' than others.

Thanks for your thread, hopefully our request will go smoothly as well. Do you mind me asking which park you were in when requesting one? I've heard different stories about different parks, some being more 'understanding' than others.
actually, whatever park you are talking about, there will be people who say it was the best and other people who say it was not the best experience.
We've requested DAS at all parks and not had a bad experience at any.

Just be prepared to clearly and concisely explain the needs related to the disability. Since DAS gives ability to wait outside of the line, you want to mention the need that prevent the person from waiting in the regular line.

I have gotten a DAS at a all the parks and it really depends on the CM just be ready to exsplaning your needs that have to do with lines

actually, whatever park you are talking about, there will be people who say it was the best and other people who say it was not the best experience. We've requested DAS at all parks and not had a bad experience at any. Just be prepared to clearly and concisely explain the needs related to the disability. Since DAS gives ability to wait outside of the line, you want to mention the need that prevent the person from waiting in the regular line.

I have gotten a DAS at a all the parks and it really depends on the CM just be ready to exsplaning your needs that have to do with lines

Good to know thanks for the head's up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter