Here now... is it just me or is it much busier than usual?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by momofmikey, Aug 27, 2013.

1. momofmikey

momofmikey Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren

We are here for our fourth straight year in a row, same week as always. It seems MUCH busier than normal. I'm sure nothing like earlier summer crowds, but definitely noticeable and more than normal. Anyone else think that also?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

We used to go during this week all the time, however the last few years we have been unable to go due to my daughter being in golf. Anyways, I long to go because we should be there and I check in to the lines app all the time to see what is like. I'll say the lines app seem to show me it's not really that busy. And compared to the times from a couple of weeks ago it's way down.

4. brymolmom

brymolmom DIS Veteran

Went to DHS today and the Beauty&Beast show at 3:00pm was FULL- shoulder to shoulder. I can't remember the last time I was at a B&B show that was that full.

I agree...busier than usual.

Of course, SOME of the business is my perception. Since they've added FP lines for everything and then some - Most of the rides that used to have insignifiant lines are now held up longer to let the FP lines through.

5. Tiger

Tiger Earning My Ears

Yep....here now and we too always go this week because normally dead...busiest I've ever seen it...lots of people from England
    I guess this is why no free dining last week in aug

6. NJAmanda

NJAmanda Mouseketeer

I agree....we had to go this week due to work schedules for the fall and winter but felt that after analyzing the crowd predictions and other peoples observations that it would be manageable. We found it very crowded and while we had a blast it definitely affects the trip. We probably will try to schedule around work and go back to our previous years plans as opposed to going again this time again.

7. WeLoveLilo05

WeLoveLilo05 DIS Veteran

We were there last week and thought it was VERY crowded, moreso than usual (and hotter than usual too). We really didn't wait on too many lines b/c we did good with FPs and everything, and we didn't wait for our ADRs (just at Rose and Crown), and we didn't have people staying next to us at the BC until the 3rd day of our stay. IDK, just seems like there are more people this year than in the previous years.

8. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

It's the fourth year in a row for us too, but it doesn't feel busier to me. Crowd levels seem the same. It's been less rainy then previous years. Maybe that's why it feels more crowded to you.

9. GillianP1301

GillianP1301 DIS Veteran

I'm here now add well and was here the same week last year. It does seem a bit more crowded, but not hugely so. I mostly notice it in shows that last year had lots of empty seats and this year are near capacity. Last year at this time it was very rainy (hurricane Isaacs was affecting the weather) and this year is been nice and mostly sunny. I think the weather is probably the difference maker.

I'm not feeling it with the dining though, I'm seeing lots of empty tables and next to no lines at QS

10. Crickey

Crickey Mouseketeer

Uk kids dont go back to school till 1st week of Sept so thats why there alot of us there at the moment

I am going this time next year and i know of a few others aswell

11. spruce

spruce DIS Veteran

I am here now to and am loving the crowd levels compared to my last 3 trips, first week of October 2012, 2nd week of November 2012 and 1st week of June 2013. Gotta love annual passes too.

12. jacksgirl

jacksgirl Mouseketeer

Alot of schools in the southeastern US changed schedules this year too and are now starting back after Labor Day as opposed to mid August.

13. DizzDoll

DizzDoll DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness I totally agree. We were there from 8/14 - 8/23 and it was PACKED. I also noticed a LOT of tour groups (with those funky yellow or red banners) as well as family reunion type groups. However, there were no issues with line cutters, group leaders holding spots for the remaining masses shunted at the end of the line and climbing over others to catch up, it was a very nice albeit hot and crowded trip.

14. princesslayla

princesslayla Mouseketeer

I agree. This is "our" week...it is much busier than in years past.

15. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

I think Id rather be there at Disney with more crowds, than here thinking about there :rotfl2:

For those of you at Disney...have an AWESOME time :cheer2:

16. lacrosse_lady72

lacrosse_lady72 I

Hopefully this will mean that it'll be even more slow when we go September 7-22.

17. FTPD

FTPD Earning My Ears

DHS has a power outage that affected the entire park - (all attractions are closed), so it's possible that those guests "hopped" to MK, and that is why you are seeing a higher than expected capacity?

Just a thought... it would be interesting to see if others report the same in the upcoming days (assuming DHS gets back online today).

18. Sheilby

Sheilby Labels aren't my thing

I know a lot of schools around here aren't going back until 9/9 (because of the Jewish holidays) - a lot of people from around here decided to book vacations to take advantage of the lower crowds.

19. Sheilby

Sheilby Labels aren't my thing

It's back up.

20. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

We got back yesterday from a 10 day trip and we didn't think it was busy. We followed Josh's recommended parks and hardly waited for anything. One day we did got to AK on a "red" day for the WAT. It did not affect us as we were on the tour, but as we were leaving we all commented that the crowds were insane as compared to the day before when it was the recommended park. I suppose if you end up in a red park each day it may seem more crowded than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

21. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

IMHO WDW is now busier ALL the time and more and more each year. YES! There are still slower times, but not "dead" times like there used to be.