Here now! Fort is great!

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by lklasing, Nov 26, 2008.

1. lklasing

lklasing When being chased by a bear, you don't have to out

We arrived at the Fort this morning at 10:00. Checked in to our cabin with no real trouble. The Fort looks great, especially some of the Christmas decorations. The entrance (or exit?) to Loop 700 is especially impressive.

Got pizza to go from TE tonight, with a stop at Crockett's Tavern of course. It was better than I had feared. We're having Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow at TE.

I'll be posting a trip report when I can after we get home, but I thought I'd report in live from FW.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Leslie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OK GRUMPY

OK GRUMPY <font color=darkcoral>And that is some useless chi

:cool1: Cool can't wait to hear more!:goodvibes

4. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!

Glad The Fort exceeded your expectations.

popcorn::

5. njcamper95

njcamper95 Mouseketeer

I'm SO JEALOUS wish i could be there right now:sad1:

6. Donna

Donna Where Magic Lives

wow, keep checking in with us to let us know how your trip is going! i love hearing about things live from the fort. what loop are YOU in? how are the other site decorations? pictures if you can!

7. Shan-man

Shan-man ¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

popcorn:: Pictures, yes, please!

8. lklasing

I'm back in the cabin for a few minutes before dinner at TE, so I thought I'd check in. Everything is great still, but the parks sure are crowded. The Fort is perfect. We're in loop 2700. I'm the only one with rope lights on our porch, so if you see us, say hey. I went for a run today which was lots of fun - a good way to see a lot of Christmas decorations. There are a few sites in particular that you can see from the main drag that are decorated to the hilt. I'll take pictures on our way to dinner in a little bit and try to post them tonight. I even saw a deer on the exercise trail that goes to WL. She and I just watched each other for a minute. Very fun.

There are a lot of extra people at the Fort today for some Thanksgiving dinner. There are designated busses that go just from the outpost to the dinner and back.

We did HS today - got there about 20 minutes before rope drop. I got FP for TSMM for everyone while they got in the incredibly quick to grow line. I joined them while the line was still outside the building and we waited about 45 minutes to ride. By the time we got out, FPs were for late in the afternoon. I haven't heard whether the MK filled to capacity today or not, but HS was plenty crowded for me. We left around 1:30 when I had just had enough of standing in lines and came back to the Fort. DH napped while I ran and the kids played in my BIL's cabin. Then to DTD for candy at Goofy's. It wasn't crowded at all there - very nice.

So, I'm off to dinner at TE! I'll try to check in later tonight.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful day with your families!

Leslie

9. Born 2 Fish

Born 2 Fish I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Thanks for keeping us up with the reports,,we enjoy them. Despite the crowds,, we hope ya'll are having a grand time :banana: (beats work'n ).
    Hope the TE dining is good for ya'll. :thumbsup2

10. the5coops

the5coops Mouseketeer

Hope you had a great dinner and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Shelley

11. lklasing

Hey everyone - I'm back from supper. TE was great - exactly what I expected it to be - not fine dining, but definitely serviceable for our party of 9 on Thanksgiving. We had about a 25 minute wait for our 6:40 ADRs, which wasn't too bad given the proximity of the playground and trading post, and more importantly for the grownups, the bar.

I managed to take a few pictures for y'all:

Here is just a tiny sampling of the decorations at the entrance top loop 700, nearest to the marina:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, then one particularly awesome site in 1100:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both these sites had people other than me stopping in their golf carts to take pictures. They were very popular, and very much deserved to be.

And then, just to prove that cabin people do care about decorating, but that it's pretty hard to fly much more than lights down there, here's me in front of my very fancy porch:

[​IMG]

Hope to have more for y'all tomorrow!

Leslie

12. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!

Thanks for the pix, exactly what I needed. :thumbsup2

13. bigdisneydaddy

bigdisneydaddy <Font color=purple>wife, kids, camper, beer, ticke

They are making me homesick :thumbsup2

14. Born 2 Fish

Born 2 Fish I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

15. stampin_fool

stampin_fool Mouseketeer

after looking at your pictures. We usually go to the Ft. in December but can't do it this year but will be going in January instead. I am really missing those decorations. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!!! (We always decorated our cabin as well.)

Ronda

16. Shan-man

Shan-man ¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Whoohooo! Beautiful pics and just the joy-boost I needed to get me energized to get my decor all packed! One week from today we leave! yes, Yes, YES! Keep 'em comin'!

On a side note, I may be spending more time at the fort than planned. I was up at 4:30am for Black Friday and guess I was sleep-walking as I came out of CircuitCity and took a bad step off of the curb and twisted my ankle, badly! Nice loud POP! At least I'm hoping it is just twisted. The Santa look is not nearly as convincing from an ECV! Oh, oh, oh!

17. OK GRUMPY

OK GRUMPY <font color=darkcoral>And that is some useless chi

Oh Wow! Nothing like the Fort at Christmas Time! It just really gets you in the spirit of the Holidays! Hope you all are having fun and More Pictures Please!;)
    Thanks for the Pictures!
    Cindy

18. st225

st225 Earning My Ears

The place seems to be filled with a great spirit.
    :goodvibes

19. thomasclan85

thomasclan85 DIS Veteran

We're be there Wedneday! Thanks for all the lovely pictures! Can't wait to get there!!

20. lklasing

Hey everyone! Thanks for checking in on us! The trip is still going great. Having two cabins next door to each other is perfect! It especially works in the early mornings, when some are still sleeping but the rest of us are eating breakfast and having fun getting ready to hit the parks, and in the afternoons when DH wants to have a nap, I want to go for a run, and the kids want to play and watch TV.

The Fort is still packed. I've seen very few campsites which are not occupied. Plus, someone actually moved into a cabin in our loop and totally outdid me on the decorations. It's not even close:

[​IMG]

Compare that to my previous picture of me with my lame rope lights. :sad2: But, I was very happy to see such fun decorations on our loop.

Between Animal Kingdom and dinner, we did some relaxing on the porch:

DH:
    [​IMG]

It was a gorgeous day today - the high must have been close to 80 with bright sun. Hanging on the porch was one of my favorite parts of the day.

Stacktester is apparently here, as I saw his golfcart with his Fort Fiends sign in exactly the same place as mine is on our GC:

[​IMG]

It's getting late, and we have ADRs at 8:10 at CMs tomorrow, so I'll leave you with a few more pics from this evening - we had dinner at CG and it was wonderful as always. But, the sunset we caught on our way there was every bit as impressive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you all had a great day! I'll check in tomorrow with more pictures (assuming technology continues to cooperate!)

Leslie

21. stacktester

stacktester DIS Veteran

We're over in 1104. I've never stayed in this loop but it's not bad. I always prefer 900 but nobody was checking out over there so we got this. Got to meet TCD today. He and his wife were walking the dog. We actually recognized his site by seeing his daughters. After all the pics we saw of them in the Disney Games TR couldn't help but know who they were.

I've seen Lonestars cart around but no Michael. He parked next to us tonight at the boat area.

MK was so packed that it's not even funny. When we started this little tradition in 04 it wasn't this busy. Next year may be just hanging here and choosing 1 park during the trip.

We ate at Crystal Palace tonight. Great food but it's too much. We're doing the dining plan which for some may be ok but even as large as I am, I can't eat like that. We're gonna make something tomorrow night and maybe do the Luau or HDDR that uses 2 table tickets on Sunday so we don't lose one. I couldn't imagine doing the deluxe dp. I think that's table service every meal.

Thanks for posting my cart pic Leslie. My friend who made it can actually see it on the cart lol since I'm too lazy to post it.