Helpful Tips for First Time Cruisers! Post Here!

Best tip I read- pack your "old" underwear for your family that's on it's last legs and just throw away when dirty....I had to wash clothes last time and do not want to wash this time..... :thumbsup2

From what I am reading on all different types of posts, it seems they no longer sell the free refills cup for big $$, it is now a souvenier cup for something like $3.00? Is this the case, or are these 2 different types of cups?

Also, where can I get the platic zipper card holders with the straps (for the KKC,drivers lic, $$) ? I have checked target and K-Mart but cant find :confused3

Keep these tips commin guys we leave in 27 days and cant wait

not so much a tip, but an idea -- I surprised my DW with a bottle of champagne (on ice even), waiting for us in our stateroom -- DS15 and DS12 had to order soda from room service.

It was a nice surprise -- and added a lot of charm to our first cruise

ScouterJT said:
not so much a tip, but an idea -- I surprised my DW with a bottle of champagne (on ice even), waiting for us in our stateroom -- DS15 and DS12 had to order soda from room service.

It was a nice surprise -- and added a lot of charm to our first cruise

awwwwwwwwww
how nice was that :thumbsup2

linnied said:
From what I am reading on all different types of posts, it seems they no longer sell the free refills cup for big $$, it is now a souvenier cup for something like $3.00? Is this the case, or are these 2 different types of cups?

Also, where can I get the platic zipper card holders with the straps (for the KKC,drivers lic, $$) ? I have checked target and K-Mart but cant find :confused3

Keep these tips commin guys we leave in 27 days and cant wait

The zipper cards on a lanyard are available at Walmart for under a dollar.

On embarkation day:

1. Port Canaveral can be VERY CHILLY during winter months. Dress accordingly. I know many people who haven't been able to bear the send-off party on the deck because they and their children were freezing. Check the weather before you go, and assume that it will feel about 10 degrees cooler than forecasted, due to the moist air and sea breezes.

2. If you have early seating for dinner, make sure you are either wearing appropriate clothing, or have something available in a carry on. Luggage is not always delivered to the staterooms in time to change for dinner. The first day is always casual attire, so that helps.

3. If you are sailing in December, hit the ship's stores on the first night to get the annual dated souvenir items before they sell out (frames, mugs, christmas ornaments bearing "2006", for example). They will be clearanced priced.

Thanks so much,
can you narrow down the department - I am thinking wallets, pocket book, beach bag section?

Wait until the end of the cruise to buy pictures. You can stack the ones you want to keep together as you locate them. Every evening the pictures will be put away by staff and put out again, but they will keep your pictures in their stack with the same photo on top, so you will be able to locate them the next day. At the end of the cruise, you can go through your stack to pick out which ones you want to purchase.

I wish people would take the time to throw out pictures they don't want! It would make it much easier for people to locate theirs when not searching through so many.

So you are saying when you see pictures you like, just tell someone you like it and "may" purchase it at the end and then those pictures will be grouped together for you? If you tell them you do not like a picture and will not be purchasing it, they will remove the picture from the display?

Also, when are the evening shows?
I am guessing the late dinner people go to the shows while the early dinner people are eating and the early dinner people go while the late dinner people are eating? My db is telling me the shows start at like 4pm for early dinner folks and run thru til after the late dinner folks are done. There by allowing the everyone 2 different opportunities to catch a show. 4pm and during one of the dinner seatings :crazy:

linnied said:
So you are saying when you see pictures you like, just tell someone you like it and "may" purchase it at the end and then those pictures will be grouped together for you? If you tell them you do not like a picture and will not be purchasing it, they will remove the picture from the display?

No, you don't tell anyone. You do it yourself. The pictures that are taken at every turn throughout the cruise are organized by date in Shutters. You locate the pictures yourself, and stack them together yourself. If you don't want one, there are boxes in which you deposit the unwanted photos.

At the end of our last 7 night cruise, there were approximately 25 photos taken of us and/or our son. When the last date rolled around, we had stacked 12 of these together, and had already disposed of the others. Then of the 12, we picked out about 5 that we actually purchased.

linnied said:
Thanks so much,
can you narrow down the department - I am thinking wallets, pocket book, beach bag section?

I found mine right next to the jewlery counter by the watches. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter