Helpful Tips for First Time Cruisers! Post Here!

TheDisneyTraveler06

<font color=deeppink><b>I</b> am seriously <font c
5-8-06 This thread has taken off- but please keep these tips coming! All of us first timers are learning so much! Thanks to everyone who has posted!

Hey Everyone! We are taking our first cruise on the Wonder in June! (3 night) Please post any tips or anything we should know before we leave! Thanks so much! :cool1:

Hi, and congratulations..You will have a Wonderful time....I would read all I can here, and be educated about some things..My biggest suggestions would be:

1) Don't waster your time sweating the small stuff..You can never do EVERYTHING no matter how many nights you are on the ship..So relax, and do what you want WHEN YOU want to do it..

2) IF you are planning on going again, rebook onboard for the discounts...Many people come home wishing they had done this..You can even book a fantasy date(if you are not booking suites), and come home and change your dates before final payment is due, and lose nothing..or cancel all together before final payment is due, and still lose nothing...

3) Try going to your cruise meet date(link on top) THis is a lot of fun, and you already know people, and sometimes make for long lasting friendships...

SO...I will stop blabbing...Just go..have fun, and give us a nice trip report when you get back... :grouphug:

Everything you ever wanted to know, you will find on this board. I felt like a veteran boarding the ship this past month. I wouldn't have known anything if I hadn't found this board!

Read the cruise reports, search the threads and look at FAQ page. ***************** was also a good thread where I could view menus and such. theperfectgift.com is great if you have kids or want to surprise spouse with a basket.

Main thing - don't overpack, don't overstress. Everything is really easy and relaxing and you will look back and say "why did I worry!"
Don't try to do it all -that is a hard tip I didn't follow! Enjoy!

we4blairs, thank you so much! I think that I will check out the FAQ's and trip reports. Keep these coming, DISers!

To save space in your stateroom....store your suitcases under the bed.

Subscribing as I am first timer too!!

I do have one tip that has already helped me: read these boards frequently...there is invlauable info here and it will keep you so excited about your cruise!

Oh yeah, make a countdown...lots of fun to watch!!

Thanks! I've also heard about the shoe holder on the door tip. Sounds like a good one to me!!

1) Pack light.

2) If something isn't right, let them know.

3) If you can't decide what entree to select, pick the all the ones you like

4) Be realistic. They can't carry everyone's favorite brand of soda, coffee, beer, wine, mayo, ketchup, mustard, chocolate milk, donuts, sweetner on the ship, although they try.

Here is a suggestion- pack what you think you might take and then take about half of it out. I took way to much for our 7 day cruise and didn't use 1/2 of it. You end up in a swimsuit and cover up for much of the cruise anyway. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

One that was very useful - to store suitcases under the bed - lift the bed! It will lift easily and you can slide an elephant underneath it once you lift it.

One I didn't pay attention to, the stateroom clocks aren't lit, bring a lit travel alarm.

If you have an inside cabin a flashlight is a must! It's a great idea even if you have some outside source for light.
Make your Palo reservations on line the very second you can. I have heard so many people are disapointed at not getting in.

Once you get onboard, be flexible. Weather, ports, and excursions can change. Just make the best of every situation.

Woody

Instead of lugging bottled water on board just pack a sports bottle or two. Water and ice are always available up at the drink station on deck 9. Before an excursion will fill the sports bottles up with ice and then top off with water. We then have a nice cool drink while on the excursion.

Just got back from the end of March 3 day Wonder Cruise. The water bottle is a good idea also a large mug of your own as the cups and the purchase mugs are small. Also, sun screen, you are in the tropics plus all the water makes for a great tan or BURN. We saw a couple of people that looked like they would need medical attention when they got back from Castaway Cay.
You'll have fun, I promise.

We still have a long time before we cruise, but I have lots of notes already. :teeth:

Night light & air freshener for the bathroom.
Bring along a surge protector, to plug in addtl. items.
Disposable underwater camera.
Dollar bills for tipping.
Clothesline & clothespins (if you have a verandah) to hang wet clothing out to dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter