Help!!

disneydreamer1970

Loves planning surprise Disney trips!
Okay, we have picked out the date that we want to cruise. (Eastern - November 13-20, 2004) and we are getting ready to put down our deposit.

This is my dilemma...My TA priced out category 8 for us (Myself, DH, DS(13) and DD (1 week shy of 4) and then for the heck of it I asked her to check the price for a category 6 room. The price difference is only $384!! My parents and my Aunt and Uncle are already booked in a category 6 room on deck 6. I was a little nervous of the verandah with my DD, however, it would be really nice to sit out there after she goes to bed. Should I just book the category 6?

I think that I worry too much, she would not be on the verandah alone and I'm sure that she will go out on one in one of the other cabins that my family is in. I think that I look at her now and see how little she is (2 1/2) and forget that she will be almost 4 at the time of our cruise.

Please ease my mind. I'm sure that the verandah's are safe!!

Thank you!!!

another vote for a cat 6. we LOVED ours. it was great going out there and watching the sunrise before the bambinos even woke up. now, had we figured out that we could have coffee delivered that'd have even been better! ah, the things you learn AFTER your cruise! :)

verandah doors have a safety latch way up high. if you aren't out there, just make sure that's locked.

HTH

Go for the six! We love our veranda and it is great for when the kiddo wants some downtime. DH and I can enjoy some wine and watch the world go by while DS can lie in bed and watch a disney movie!
ps- I wouldn't worry about the four year old getting out there alone, I am 41 and still have a hard time opening the veranda door. (and no BD it is not from all the wine ;) )

The verandahs are not "open" - they have a plexi-glass covering over the bottom half (where the rails are). Unless your daughter climbs up on a chair and leans over the rail she won't fall out. There are also a few verandahs (navigator's verandah?) that are solid on bottom.

Go for it!

The Navigators Verandahs are completely solid except for a large opening. The ones with a solid bottom are sold as "regular" verandahs too. I have photos of all the different types at www.disneycruiser.info.
Barb

Cat 6 is the best -- even with a young one. I was in a cat 4 with my 2 1/2 year old and never thought twice about it.

We are in a cat 6 and she will be 4 1/2 and I can't wait.

Go for the verandah and have a great time.

Go for the 6! The veranda is covered with plexiglass and is very romantic at night.

Well, I guess that it is unanimous!!! I am going to book the category 6!!! Yeah!! My DH and DS will be very excited!!!

Thank you all for your input!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter