Help!!!!

WL definitely, it is absolutely beautiful, it also has boat service to the magic kingdom and you can watch the water parade at night

Younger or older kids? We have stayed at both and we love them both. They have a similar feel. AKL is farther away from things, but the animals make up for it.

When DD was small we preferred WL because it was close to and had boat service to MK. One of the boats, which we almost always got, you did not have to fold the stroller. AKL, you have to take buses everywhere so if you have a stroller it can be a pain. Plus, if you plan on spending the biggest chunk of time at MK, it does take longer to get there. At AKL we had a Savannah view room and we absolutely loved being able to go out on the balcony and watch giraffes. Now that we have gotten rid of the stroller, we will probably plan another stay at AKL at some point.

They are both in the same type of price range. They both have great places to eat and both have pools w/ decent slides.

The big difference between the two is WL has transportation to MK. AKL has the animals right outside your bedroom window.

If location is important go with WL. If yu are looking for a once in a lifetime experience go wit AKL!

Good Luck!

-FantasiaMagic princess:

AKL or WL and why ???

We've stayed at both and like both for different reasons. WL is convenient to MK via boat, but we didn't think the buses were bad at AKL. Both are beautiful resorts, both have great pools and dining options, and both are reasonably priced (IMO) for a deluxe resort. With that said, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Good luck.

We've stayed at both and AKL is an absolutely beautiful resort and we loved the savannah view. WL had it points also and was a boat ride away from MK or getting over to the campgrounds to explore. Depends on where you were planning on spending most of your time. Proximity to the parks, WL would be the better choice. Figure out how many times would you be going to MK (fireworks, parades, rides, dining) vs AK which closes early and most people only go for one day.

It also depends on what type of restaurants you are looking at. You can't go wrong with either one but because of location I would take WL.

WL all the way!!!!! I have never stayed at AKL but I went to visit and look around one day and it was pretty but WL appealed more to me. I also stepped out into the Savannah viewing area and it had just rained....it smelled like a zoo, sorta wet dog/ animal poop. I really don't want to smell that when I open my balcony. The idea of maybe seeing some animals off my balcony isn't my thing. Also it is far away from all parks except AK. The bus ride took forever! WL is sooooo convenient. Just a short boat ride to MK, buses are close to the other parks (except AK). You can also take the boat to Contemporary or MK and jump on the monorail to Epcot. WL seemed more peaceful to me. The lobby has a spring/starting of the geyser that leads outside. The geyser goes off every half hour or hour. Pool is great. Has a nice slide. My only complaint about WL is that the QS restaurant is kinda small and can get crowded at times. There were always seats open outside so we would sit out there. Whatever you pick, have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter