Help! Wonder or Fantasy 10/26

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Scrubba2, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Scrubba2

Scrubba2 Mouseketeer

The Fantasy Oct. 26 out of FL sailing has GVT pricing right now (I may be too late if I debate this too long) that for our family of 3, $2768. for a verandah on the 7 day Caribbean with stops at Grand Cayaman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Castaway Cay.
    The Wonder out of Galveston has ocean view rooms for $2083. for a 7 day cruise same dates with stops in Key West, Castaway Cay, and Nassau.
    My indecision is killing me.
    Can anyone share some opinions?
    Maybe I can decide before ALL is sold out!
    We have cruised on the Wonder to Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman last year with a verandah view room which was amazing.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Well, do you want a verandah or oceanview room? Or does it matter? The Wonder is a lower price, does that matter? How about the ports - which ones interest you more?

How about getting to the cruise? Do they both depart from the same port? How are you getting there? And how much will it cost? How easy to get to embarkation port?

4. Scrubba2

Scrubba2 Mouseketeer

:cool1:
    Funny thing, none of that is at issue! We can get to the ports just the same, and the costs are similar. The biggest price difference is pretty much the price difference between the ocean view vs balcony! (about $700 for 3 of us total)

Do you think that the Fantasy has more to offer than the Wonder? Do you think the verandah room on this sailing has an advantage?

We haven't been on the Fantasy! My DH just can't understand why I would want to see the ports we have visited before. I guess I want to hear how to convince him of why I should spend an extra $700 or so!

Does anyone think it is worth the extra $$??:yay:

5. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original D

What ports have you visited? I would vote for the Fantasy since you haven't been on it. Better ship. MUCH BETTER TERMINAL!

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.

6. Scrubba2

Scrubba2 Mouseketeer

I know you were on the edge of your seat in anticipation... Lol but I booked the Fantasy!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

7. Minniemoomoo

Minniemoomoo Mouseketeer

The best cruise we have ever been on in our 15+ cruises with DCL was a Halloween cruise many years ago aboard the Magic. You will love EVERY minute!!! So much fun. Now they have even more to offer.

8. Scrubba2

Scrubba2 Mouseketeer

Great news Minniemoomoo!! Thank you!!:wizard::cool1::thumbsup2