1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Help with UY

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by TigBaby, Mar 14, 2013.

1. TigBaby

TigBaby New to DVC

Hi All!
    I currently own in BLT with an August use year. I'd like to add on at either BLT or AKV. It seemed like if I add on with more BLT points, it would be easier to manage with another August contract. But if I add on with AKV, will it matter if I have an August use year or not? Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

still easier to manage with the same UY. at 7 months, you can still pool pts together as if it was one contract. (but only at 7 months if you buy a different home resort - at 11 months, it's still like having 2 completely separate contracts.)

(technically, you cannot "add-on" with a different UY - you will have 2 separate master contracts. an "add-on" means you are adding to a master contract.)

if you tend to travel in may/june/july, it might still be better to get a different UY if that suits your typical travel patterns better. (just be sure to stay on-the-ball with regard to tracking pts and watching banking windows.)