Help with Rental Car rates....

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by rdsx28, Sep 4, 2005.

1. rdsx28

rdsx28 Proud Member of Red Sox Nation!

Hi all, Iwas just wondering if anyone has gotten any good car rates for Thanksgiving week? I have been looking but they all seem pretty high. Thanks so much for any help. :wave2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PURTYPAT1

PURTYPAT1 DIS Veteran

Did You Try Priceline????

4. tallpkb

tallpkb "Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!"

I'm wondering if Katrina has affected rental car rates. I checked the rates after I got a great rate (to see if it would go down further) and it went up over 40%!!!!! My dates are 9/27-10/4. One week, SUV, with all fees I have $161.54 from Alamo.

5. mickeyluv'r

mickeyluv'r DIS Veteran

Try checking mousesavers.com That's where I've always found out about the best deals.

6. deide71

deide71 DIS Veteran

We got our rentals through Hotwire. You pick the dates, location and sizes of vechile you want. Hotwire gives you the total price (including taxes and surcharges per day).

We wanted a minivan, but a full size was 1/3 the price. I booked the full-size for 17/day, and when we arrived in Orlando was able to upgrade to a minivan for an additional 10/day.

The rental car company was kidden until after I booked. It ended up being Avis.

7. SusanD

SusanD Mouseketeer

We booked a premium level car rental for one week. It ended up costing about what a compact would have cost for the same time period. The company we were given was Hertz. We have always been happy with them.