Help with our Dining plans!!!

ahill004

DIS Veteran
I hope you experts can help with three early December dining questions!

1. Our first night in Disney we are thinking about checking out the Boardwalk since we are arriving mid-day. We (me, husband, my parents and my girls - 2and 4) thought we could then eat dinner that night at Spoodles (never been but heard great things about it). Our other option would be to check out FW and WL for the day and then to WCC for dinner. I've heard those resorts are beautiful that time of year but the reviews on WCC are mixed. Suggestions?

2. We would love to do the Cape May Breakfast at the BC, We thought we might check it out one morning before Epcot but since we are staying off-site I don't know how we would work this logistically. I know we can only park at the BC for our meal so would we need to then move to the Epcot lot to park and would this be worth it? I think we could probably park at Epcot and then walk through the WS to BC but wouldn't that be a really long walk just for breakfast? Should we plan differently?

3. Finally, who has been to the Plaza in MK? The few reviews I've seen look good. We are planning on CP for b-fast before MK day and then a CS lunch but don't know what to do for dinner. (We thought we would try Liberty Tavern before the MVMCP later in our trip). I thought the plaze might be a good choice? Or maybe we should take the monorail and do Chef Mickeys? But is that exhausting after a long day at MK? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance everyone!

1. We loved Spoodles! There is also outside entertainment on Boarwalk so there is something 'to do' (we saw a very funny magician). Also you may have time to use the pool at your hotel before dinner.

2. Doesn't seem woth it to me time wise. Why don't you do CP in MK? Or Park at MK and monorail to Chef Mickey or Ohana character breakfast -that seems closer to me, but it may be just as time consuming (?)

3. With kids so young I would avoid leaving the parks if you know you are going back -unless it is for a nap/pool break. And I think the character dinner may be too much after MK all day. We did CM our first night (as suggested so many times here :) ) to get in the Disney mood. We also enjoyed Tony's at MK. Never been to Plaza.

Hello!
We are planning on breakfast at Cape May before we hit Epcot. We are also staying off site. ;)
I made the ADR for 7:30am. This should give us just enough time to be at the front gate by 9am.
We saw all the princesses last visit. My girls really just want to see Chip and Dale and Mickey.

dspads - I agree that once we leave a park it is probably for the day since our girls will be so young. And I hadn't thought of doing Ohana's character b-fast. I always forget that the monorail doesn't just go to MK. Of course I could park at MK and the take the monorail somewhere for b-fast! Great suggestion!! Thank you!!

terriluvsbobby - what are you planning to do with your car since you are doing such an early b-fast? Just park at BC and then drive over to Epcot after b-fast?

1. Yes - Spoodles and the Boardwalk will be fun for your first night.

2. Since you seem to have some other character meals already, I wouldn't bother trying to get to these out of the way places for breakfast. But if you feel like one more character breakfast,why not try the Tusker House at AK. You'll be in the park, so your car will not be an issue.

3. I'd say do another CS for dinner, or better yet, go back to your resort and eat a nice meal at "home".

You kids are still little, so if you are spending full days at the parks - starting with an early character breakfast - plan on leaving around dinner time. Although you will not have the heat of summer to tire you out, your little ones will still be pooped!

I think so.
But the main idea for us is to be at Soarin by 9am! I am calling today to see if I can get another date for the breakfast. If not, we'll do the best we can with fast pass!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter