help with my cinderella castle playset please!

drewsmomslp

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here. I hope someone can help me.

We bought the castle playset and had it shipped home. I was just trying to put it together so santa could wrap it .... and I can't seem to get the "fireworks" to light up

There are no directions in the box -- which seems crazy to me -- and on the box it says "press the lightswitch on top of the penthouse to turn on the lights, turn on the fireworks, and illuminate the sillouette crowd scenes" . When I press the button one time, the light comes on. The second time nothing happens and the third time, the sillouette scene turns on. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong .... or did I get a lemon maybe?

This toy is not making me feel very smart!
Thanks a lot

This probably won't be much help, but if this is the one you can only get at Disney World, I had the same problem about 2 years ago and I never did get the fireworks to light up. I am certain that my unit was defective, and like you, I never saw directions anywhere about how to get it to work. My daughter got hers as her 3rd birthday gift that year, and I just didn't tell her about the lights so she didn't know the difference. If she had been old enough to be upset by it, I would have called Disney for refund/replacement.

Look at your reciept and call them . Tell them it's not working and to send another one.They will either tell you to destroy or ship the other one back at their cost.

They won't ask you to destroy they will however ask you to donate to children less fortunate especially during this season. Earlier this year on a previous trip we bought some merchandise that was defective and they requested that we donate it.

Well, I called disney this morning and was very disappointed in the customer service. The lady (who was very rude by the way) said that the castle was backordered till February -- I asked if I could just have a replacement sent when one comes in. She said that I would have to send it back first and pay for shipping, then they would send a new one and reimburse shipping and the turn around would be 4-6 weeks from when they receive it -- if the item is in stock. I explained to her that this is a Santa gift for a 3 year old and that there was no way I could take it away from her and asked if there was anyway a replacement could be sent and then return the damaged one. She said no way. It sounds like I'll be keeping this one!

She also said that her daughter has the same castle and it doesn't have a fireworks feature anyway. It clearly says on the box that the fireworks light up -- does anyone have a working castle that can tell me about this feature?

Its not even that big a deal since my daughter probably won't know it's miissing ... it's just the principle now!
Thanks for listening to me whine!

Like every other time, why don't you call back in hopes of getting someone a little more knowledgeable/sypathetic. Maybe they will send you a new one when the orders come in february. It's worth another call. My DH tried to get one for DD back in early December and it was a hot toy--sold out all over the park! Hope it works out for you.

This sounds like the same one being sold at Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney. We did not buy one, although I would have liked one, but was told that these were the only ones available in DD. I didn't really read the box, so I'm only guessing that this would be the same one - selling for $69.99 or something like that? Maybe you could call them and at least ask if the fireworks work and/or if they could ship one to you and then you could return the other one to the original retailer when the new one arrives?

Hope that helps.

Thanks sgmom
WE actually did buy this at once upon a toy in DD and had it shipped home. I called the phone number on the receipt which sent me to disney's main shopping line with the rude lady (can you tell I'm holding a grudge) , but I never thought to look up the once upon a toy number directly. I'll see if I can find it .. I bet they'd be nicer! Thanks!

I hope you get it straightened out!! And it is hard to forget "attitudes" especially when they are experienced at Disney!! I will not forget the ordeal a CM at Animal Kingdom put me through with my screaming DD2.5! To make a long story short, she kept showing her pins, which just kept annoying her and me, even after I said she has no pins to trade. Then, made her move to another location to hug a character, even after letting 2 other families stand there for a hug. As we moved, my DD cried and yelled "I want the bear"... needless to say, I walked away with not so pleasant comments for the CM! She must not have kids!!!!

Sorry for going OT :) I hope you get your issue resolved.

My DD6 figured out the fireworks! If you open up the two windows on the top floor (under the light that lights up), you will see a picture of fireworks. When you push the button the second time (first time turns on the top light), these windows will light up and show the 'fireworks.' Not quite as dramatic as what we're all wishing for, but that's what happens.

Thanks for posting this. DD just got one today from my Dad & Step-mom that they got while we were all at DW and didn't even know it did all of that. I haven't read everything yet about it and now will know when we go to try to do the fireworks!

It took DGrD and I forever to find the fireworks in the windows, too !! :laughing: - but she loves her castle!!
wdwdancerwannabe - here's a link to a pic and description of the castle at the laughingplace store (their mark up is huge) http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-4247.asp?R=LP - the windows we're talking about are on the inside of the castle and can't be see in the pic, though.

My DD6 figured out the fireworks! If you open up the two windows on the top floor (under the light that lights up), you will see a picture of fireworks. When you push the button the second time (first time turns on the top light), these windows will light up and show the 'fireworks.' Not quite as dramatic as what we're all wishing for, but that's what happens.

That's just what I was about to post! The fireworks can EASILY be missed. I just asked my 9 yo to show me how the fireworks light up on our castle. Not a big deal at all. :)

Hats off to your daughter!! I had pretty much given up on it and decided that it was not worth the effort that it seemed to take to get a new one from disney. No adult who has looked at it has been able to figure it out ... including my electrical engineer brother! Thank you so much. My DD will be so excited when I show her in the morning. Although, that is not quite the firework effect I had anticipated. I don't know what I expected out of a plastic toy, really though!
THanks to everyone for their help. This board really is an invaluable resouce!

I see that all these questions were from long ago. The play set is as hard as ever to get to work - lol. I got the C batteries in and the music plays, but there are no lights on. Has anyone ever changed the lights or is there another set of batteries?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter