Help with my ADRs please

princessap

DIS Veteran
We are getting ready to book our ADRs for our march trip and just wondering if you guys could help me! we had it planned perfectly when it was 7 nights but due to my kids dance competitions we had to shorten it to 6 nights and it is throwing me off!!!

we are staying two nights at CR and then transfer to AKV which is the day that it throwing me off

arrival day- 1900 park fare for dinner
Friday- BBB prepark and BOG dinner
Saturday (WHERE I NEED HELP)…chef mickey breakfast and akershus dinner (but not sure I want to arrive at our new resort that late and not be able to enjoy it at all)
Sunday- tusker house and AK park and then Sanaa for dinner
Monday- boma breakfast, pool time and then head to DHS around 1ish and then stay for mama melrose dinner and fantasmic
Tuesday- possible chef mickey breakfast and CRT for dinner as we are spending our last day at MK (won't' be rope drop though)

anyone have any thoughts??? I was trying to do DTD and Raglan road but no way I can fit it in anywhere!

Could you skip CM on Saturday and change your dinner to lunch? That way you could get to Epcot at rope drop and stay until mid afternoon. Your room may not be ready until 4:00 anyway, so plan to check in around 4:00. Unpack, go for a swim, and then do Boma or Jiko for dinner. There's also storytelling every night (time varies) outside at the fire pit.

I like that idea a lot!!! would you do CM on arrival night instead of 1900 park fare then?? or do breakfast there before heading to MK on our last day?? CM is a must do as our 2 year old LOVES Minnie and that is the only meal with minnie for her

I like that idea a lot!!! would you do CM on arrival night instead of 1900 park fare then?? or do breakfast there before heading to MK on our last day?? CM is a must do as our 2 year old LOVES Minnie and that is the only meal with minnie for her

I'd do CM on arrival night instead of on your last day. It's probably going to be pretty hectic with packing and checking out that morning, so I'd grab breakfast at Mara or MK on the last day.

Are you doing breakfast at Tusker House? Minnie used to be there at breakfast, but I don't know if that's changed.

OUr departure day I didn't include in these as we are leaving super early so won't have time for anything….our last day of parks is the MK one, would it be too much to go to MK and walk to CR for CM and then do Mk all day and end with CRT???

I really had my heart set on doing 1900 park fare and CM but don't know how to do both??
thanks

OUr departure day I didn't include in these as we are leaving super early so won't have time for anything….our last day of parks is the MK one, would it be too much to go to MK and walk to CR for CM and then do Mk all day and end with CRT???

I really had my heart set on doing 1900 park fare and CM but don't know how to do both??
thanks

Sure you could do that, but with a 2 yr old, I'd probably plan for a mid-day break back at the resort if you're planning to be out late. What time is your CRT?

We are trying Cape May for breakfast on our next trip. Minnie is there in Beach clothes. Would that be a possibility for your Saturday?
My 2 year old is an early riser so we would do a pre-rope drop breakfast and then head into Epcot through the International Gateway. I believe breakfast at Cape May starts at 7:30. Then probably a lunch at Akershaus (1:00pm).
We really don't do much in Epcot though so we would leave by 4:30 and head back for swimming/relaxing anyway.

I was trying to do DTD and Raglan road but no way I can fit it in anywhere![/QUOTE said:
I wouldn't worry too much about this one... DTD is sort of a disaster right now! :( Looking forward to what's to come there!

Cape May Cafe is fun too! I do understand about CM though. We didn't book it for our September trip and everyone is mad at me!

ENJOY!

We are getting ready to book our ADRs for our march trip and just wondering if you guys could help me! we had it planned perfectly when it was 7 nights but due to my kids dance competitions we had to shorten it to 6 nights and it is throwing me off!!!

we are staying two nights at CR and then transfer to AKV which is the day that it throwing me off

Saturday (WHERE I NEED HELP)…chef mickey breakfast and akershus dinner (but not sure I want to arrive at our new resort that late and not be able to enjoy it at all)
Sunday- tusker house and AK park and then Sanaa for dinner
Monday- boma breakfast, pool time and then head to DHS around 1ish and then stay for mama melrose dinner and fantasmic
Tuesday- possible chef mickey breakfast and CRT for dinner as we are spending our last day at MK (won't' be rope drop though)

anyone have any thoughts??? I was trying to do DTD and Raglan road but no way I can fit it in anywhere!

From AKL to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, with all the other Character Meals….does not seem like a good choice to me. Use that energy inside Magic Kingdom…..and enjoy any of your meals at Cinderella's Castle. Particularly if you dined at Chef Mickey's earlier in the week.

One more though - Akerhaus is a better princess experience than CRT, but CRT is a fabulous room. Given your concern, CRT your last day might be better choice.

Another notion - eating at AKL on day of your hotel switch makes sense to me. You might add Jiko (and drop the kids to Camp Simba).

Lastly, we frankly do not find traveling too much for food at Disney is worth it. Takes a great deal of energy for the kids.

From AKL to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, with all the other Character Meals….does not seem like a good choice to me. Use that energy inside Magic Kingdom…..and enjoy any of your meals at Cinderella's Castle. Particularly if you dined at Chef Mickey's earlier in the week.

One more though - Akerhaus is a better princess experience than CRT, but CRT is a fabulous room. Given your concern, CRT your last day might be better choice.

Another notion - eating at AKL on day of your hotel switch makes sense to me. You might add Jiko (and drop the kids to Camp Simba).

Lastly, we frankly do not find traveling too much for food at Disney is worth it. Takes a great deal of energy for the kids.

Thanks. So you think I could do cm instead of akershus?? I am trying to fit in the following as must do
-chef Mickey
-1900 park fare
-akershus
-CRT
-bog

Any suggestions???

Thanks. So you think I could do cm instead of akershus?? I am trying to fit in the following as must do
-chef Mickey
-1900 park fare
-akershus
-CRT
-bog

Any suggestions???

How about this:

Saturday- akershus for breakfast or lunch and Sanaa dinner
Sunday- tusker house and AK park and then CM for dinner
Tuesday- CRT for dinner

I like that plan but not sure if we will want to travel from ak to cr for dinner??

Augh....will I have to drop one reservation??

How about this:

Saturday- akershus for breakfast or lunch and Sanaa dinner
Sunday- tusker house and AK park and then CM for dinner
Tuesday- CRT for dinner

This looks good to me.

Of course, something had to give and it appears to be Chef Mickey's. It may be an excellent Character Experience, but the food is meh.

But if you must-do Chef Mickey's - I would suggest before BBB and then head into Park for the hair-do and make-up. Honestly, you can walk from Contemporary into MK after that big breakfast (or take the Monorail). And breakfast at Chef Mickey's may be best value of their meal choices.

And if I were choosing Akershus for either breakfast or lunch - I'd go with lunch. In my opinion, breakfast is pricey for what you receive (nothing special about scrambled eggs & sausages platter); lunch is seemingly better value.

Either way, please keep in mind something I learned from guidebooks before we ever took our first family trip to Disney - the best part for most kids if the resort swimming pool. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that you can have too many ADR's - but you know your family best. I guess what I'm saying in a roundabout way - maybe you have too many Character Meals planned. Some would suggest the opposite - when at Disney, dine with characters. This too is a reasonable plan. Also, if you're doing Disney Dining, then Characters are the way to really maximize the value. The choice is obviously yours.

Also, and I'm sure I'm not alone, some kids prefer spending time at the 'Camps' (like the one at AKL) while their parents are having a lovely dinner. In other words, some Mommy & Daddy time (or whatever your family) is sometimes preferred to the constant all-together-now. Again, maybe that's just our family - but you know your family best…..just giving my two cents.

Regardless of what you chose, you've obviously put great thought into making a marvelous vacation for your family and it shows to those of us who go through a similar process. The marginal difference at this point with the choices you are weighing will not make or break the magic of Disney that your family will remember or take way from their experience.

We are your :cheer2: and you have done an excellent job.

Just a heads up but CRT is undergoing a remodel and may not be open for your visit in March. We have the same issue. My sister wants CRT but rumor has it that it is not opening until March 6 which is our last day at WDW.

This looks good to me.

Either way, please keep in mind something I learned from guidebooks before we ever took our first family trip to Disney - the best part for most kids if the resort swimming pool. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that you can have too many ADR's - but you know your family best.

This is an excellent point......I too believe you can have to many ADR's. We got some excellent advise at a DIS meet (in NJ :thumbsup2) from Kathy Werliing(spelling:goodvibes). She said she had a client once who requested ADR's for each meal during their stay....forget the amount of days. What Kathy pointed out was that they'd be spending all their time in restaurants and with travel and such.........that's a ton of park/vacation time.

So with that advise we backed off a bunch of sit downs (Started at 11 TS meals) and shaved that to 5 TS and 5 QS.......dinner at the MNSSHP is up in the air.......but it will be QS at best (gotta meet Dopey :worship:) We've mixed it up between all meals times. Its amazing how it opened up our park time...........we're also not park hopping so that limited (by design) our movement. We're also a bit older and don't have children to satisfy or move from place to place.

Its difficult to try to get it all in.............my final bit of advise......save some of it :thumbsup2..............for the next trip!!!!:woohoo:

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter