Help with Mother in Law from H E double hockey sticks

cattjer

Earning My Ears
Ok everyone I need help. My Mother-in-law to be is totally against Disney and she has said on numerous occasions that is just stupid what we are doing and that she can hire a few idots to run around that back yard and that could be our Disney wedding! I know I know to the Disney lovers like myself that is like a knife in the gut!

This is the problem she wants me to find her a hotel that is off site that has a bus service to the park but is not all Disney themed and something she can afford. Any help with any hotels that you know of would be great!!

Thank you and I need this by Friday cause she said if I don't have it together by then she is not coming!

:confused3 :rotfl2:

First, still working on your stuff and lookin good too :flower: ! Second! There are some places that have Disney shuttle service and not themed Disney. Some of our guests that are not into Disney are staying at the Celebration Hotel, which I think is still sorta on Disney property with Shuttles. Also, there is the Buena Vista Palace or something like that. How about the Swan and Dolphin? I'm sure you can find something! Head over to the resort boards and they can help you there too! Good Luck with the FMIL from H-E Double hockey sticks!! :rotfl: I'll post some of your things when I get back! We leave in 3 days!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

That is awful that your future Mom-in-Law is being horrible. I have a future Sister-in-law that even refuses to go to our WDW wedding because she doesn't want to spend the time or money to go even though it would be fun. I
feel your pain and kinda know what it's like. I am here for you if you need to talk or vent because I know how disappointing and upsetting it can be.
Can you try to talk her into staying at maybe POP Century or Allstars Resort. These are pretty cheap and the rooms are fairly decent, I think that they also have bus service there that goes into the park? Or how about a rental car that she can take from the airport to the hotels in Orlando?
Hang in there. It'll get better. Besides who is she to critize you about your wedding? You only get married once, so it should be the wedding that you want.

Try the radisson worldgate - it's on the 192 and is 5 minutes from AKL via the sherberth road (not so secret anymore shortcut!).

We stayed there last trip and loved it - we got really cheap rooms for this nov but cancelled them as we decided to stay in the AKL for longer instead - I'd stay there next trip though.

I can sympathise with you on MIL from hell - my DH2Bs parents have dropped out of our wedding trip and have left us with the £400 cancellation fees to pay - great wedding present hey?

it wouldnt be a wedding without a little drama, i think everyone has a family or friend like that cattjer.

i would look at the swan & dolphin resort, still on property with some amenties like the shuttle service but not disney themed at all. also check out the downtown disney area hotels like the holiday inn which is affordable, the grovesnor, wyndhams buena vista palace & doubletree, etc. which offer shuttle service not to the main gate like disney but very close by like at epcot in the 2nd parking lot disney drop off area, the mk ttc center, etc.

:faint:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. My mother in law to be wanted me to get married on a riverboat... so I understand what you mean.

I have stayed at the Marriot Courtyard before. It's a Downtown Disney hotel, but is like your basic couryard... no magic at all.

I'm sure everyone will come around, even if it's not until your wedding day.

FutureAshleyDukes said:
:faint:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. My mother in law to be wanted me to get married on a riverboat... so I understand what you mean.

I have stayed at the Marriot Courtyard before. It's a Downtown Disney hotel, but is like your basic couryard... no magic at all.

I'm sure everyone will come around, even if it's not until your wedding day.

Hey!

The Marriott Courtyard on Disney Property has closed about a year ago. However, my hotel is right across the Disney entrance on 535 it's the Marriott Village... I would have all of my guests stay here. But since we need to have the block filled, I am going to have to put them all up at Disney. You can take Mears Shuttles from our hotel to Disney & the airport. If you would like more info, let me now...

FYI... the Marriott Village is a Disney's Good Neighbor Hotel.... :earboy2:

I hate to say this but I do have the most ignorant M I L around now that I am older.I would tell her to stay the heck home. yours wants to be anti disney either tell her to look for her own hotel or tell her son to handle it.she like mine doesn't have any respect for what u want.it's your day.not hers.also I bet u that nobody could have did or said anything like this when she got married.a lil piece of advice.let your husband always handle her.less stress for you.and best of luck on your wedding.
:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter