Help with MK plan

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
I can't decide which way would be best.

Is it better to begin in Fantasyland use FP for 7dmt and ride everything else standby. Then move on to other areas and use FP for Haunted Mansion and BTMRR with the hope of getting a 4th and maybe 5th FP for rides like Jungle Cruise and Pirates.

Or begin in Adventureland then move to Frontierland and ride Pirates, Jungle Cruise, BTMRR, and Haunted Mansion standby before lines build and save FPs for Fantasyland rides. Then return to Frontierland and Adventureland to hit the less popular attractions.

Here's what we want to do.

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
BTMRR
Haunted Mansion
Liberty Riverboat
Tom Sawyer's Island
Tree House
Country Bears
7DMT
Dumbo
Carrousel
Under the Sea
Peter Pan
Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's Philharmagic

We always start in frontierland since SM and BTMRR are my families favorite MK rides. If I were you, I would hit Jungle Cruise first and then head to BTMRR. Then head to Haunted Mansion. I would then use FP for Mine train, Peter Pan, and either Pooh or pirates. After using the 3rd, try to get a 4th for whatever on your list you can find. Lots on things on your list have minimal waits, so save those for the busiest times of the day when SB times or brutal. Your second option sounds great to me!

I agree, your second option. You didn't say if you are going for RD or EMH? I use FP+ for PP, 7DMT and SM. The others are not too busy early on or later at night. Book FP+ for later in the morning or afternoon.

The following attractions at MK are being refurbished. The start and expected ending dates are noted.
I hope that your trip falls outside of the closures as two of your choices are listed below. I can also get closures in the other parks if that helps you.

Pirates of the Caribbean
® : June June 8th to September 25th, 2015
Liberty Square Riverboat : August 4th to August 10th
Walt Disney World® Railroad: October 12th to November 20th
Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour

I agree, your second option. You didn't say if you are going for RD or EMH? I use FP+ for PP, 7DMT and SM. The others are not too busy early on or later at night. Book FP+ for later in the morning or afternoon.

We have an 8:05 ADR at Crystal Palace when park opening is at 9:00 and we'll be there until around 5. MNSSHP is this night and we won't be attending.

We use both touringplans and ride max. :)

I have a subscription to TP and have been playing around with the personalized plans. I've used ridemax in the past before TP had the features it does now to make personalized plans.

The following attractions at MK are being refurbished. The start and expected ending dates are noted.
I hope that your trip falls outside of the closures as two of your choices are listed below. I can also get closures in the other parks if that helps you.

Pirates of the Caribbean
® : June June 8th to September 25th, 2015
Liberty Square Riverboat : August 4th to August 10th
Walt Disney World® Railroad: October 12th to November 20th
Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour

We'll be there Oct. 10-17, so the only thing affecting us right now is the railroad.

This will be my 4th trip to the world since 2010, but my first with FP+ and I think it's making my planning just a bit more difficult.

The attractions that you have listed that can have long waits are:

Seven Dwarves
Peter Pan
Pooh
Big Thunder
Jungle Cruise
Pirates to some degree

The Haunted Mansion and Under the Sea can be hit and miss.

I would probably hit Big Thunder, Pirates, Jungle Cruise and then HM. It is a little extra walking starting at the top of Fronteirland and moving down to Adventureland. BTMRR doesn't have much of a line in the morning. It is a short ride. You can ride two or three times pretty quickly. If you start at Jungle Cruise and then hit Pirates the line for BTMRR will be longer.

If you start your FPs in mid to late morning with Seven Dwarves, Peter Pan and Pooh (or HM) you should cut down on your standby waits quite a bit.

Under the Sea and Dumbo sometimes have waits. Dumbo can be fairly short later in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter