Help with ebay, ASAP!

lucyanna girl

<font color=blue>My hair looks like Tigger spit ou
Hi, I am new to ebaying and I want to buy this dress for DD and I don't now how much to bid or when to bid. :confused3 Help, ASAP!

Thanks so much!

Penny

Formal Dress

You can watch the item for a while if you want, click the Watch Item button and wait a little longer to see what other people bid. But since it has the buy it now option someone could buy it and then thats it. So if you would rather wait and see what others bid you can by watchign it or go ahead and buy it now if you really want it, or jsut bid the max you would pay for it and see what happens. If you say youll pay 50 then it wont go to 50 right away it will stay at 31 or w/e it was until someone up bids you, and if no one does then you could get it for 31.

Beautiful dress! And it looks like a really great buy considering that the slip is included. IMO, it won't go for under $100. Maybe even $150. But, it never hurts to try to get it for less!

Bid about $10 - 20 less than you're willing to pay and watch the auction. In the last 3 minutes, bid again if you've been outbid. I never bid my max too early because someone will always come along and push it up.

It's a reserve price auction, so if you don't meet their minimum price, you don't get it - even if you're the high bidder. Some sellers will tell you their reserve if you ask, otherwise you just have to place your bid and see what happens. If you don't meet the price, it will tell you that you're the high bidder but you haven't met the reserve. Again, you can watch it until the end and up your bid to try to meet reserve.

Good luck!

Hi Penny-

How much to bid is really up to you. Have you verified the price for the dress new? What is it worth to you? Only you can really answer that.

In terms of bidding, if I am gong to be around, I like to watch and bid at the last minute. That way it doesn't give anyone else who bid or wants to bid time to think about my bid and decide to try a little higher. The thing with bidding at the last second is, you really have to bid the maximum you are willing to pay for the item. I have my system down where once my bid is confirmed, there are 4-5 seconds left in the auction. Not enough time to put in a new bid if I am outbid and decide I want to try again.

If you have never bid before, take the time now to get yourself registered with eBay so you can bid. On the eBay homepage, under the boxes that say BUY, SELL, My eBay, COMMUNITY and HELP, there is a link to sign in or register. Click on register and follow the steps. Then make sure you are signed in.

Hope I helped. Good luck. It's a very pretty dress.

Ohhh, I didnt notice it had a reserve, and that there is only an hour left. Basically that means the seller could have a reserve of 100 maybe less maybe more so you could jsut keep trying small increments until you met the reserve.

I might go ahead and make a bid with an automatic bid up to my maximum price. :scratchin

Thanks for the help!

Since her BIN price is $199, her reserve is probably not much below that. Even at $199, it's not much over half price. Gorgeous dress!

I am current high bidder but have not meet her reserve with my max bid. Do sellers ever come down on their reserve prices or e-mail you an offer?

Penny

I would email them now and ask. I think I would not if it were my dress (of course, I would sell it during prom season or homecoming) Maybe do up to your max bid (ir is that your max?) and see if you meet the reserve. The whole point of a reserve to me is not to sell the dress for any less than I am willing to let go of it for. They might just relist.

I bid $122.00 max because the dress will have to be taken in some and with shipping and alterations it all adds up.

Penny

Edited to add: I guess I will find out if she will offer me the oppertunity to buy it, the action ended with me being the highest bidder but the reserve not meet. I'll let you know if I have any luck. Thanks to all who took the time to help me.

You might want to add the seller to your list of favorite sellers, that way you'll get email when she relists the dress because it didn't meet reserve.

Just click on "add to favorite sellers".

That's what I would do watch and see if she relists. Sometimes they will lower reserves. Normally, I don't bid on auctions with reserves but I would bet her reserve is real close to the buy it now. I'm thinking she may not get it now with proms being over.

We know her reserve was over $120 because the OP bid that much and it didn't trigger the reserve. I hope she works with you. It's a very pretty dress and looked so nice on her daughter!

Yeah - but I don't think that if OP bid up to the person's reserve and no one else did - it wouldn't bump OP's proxy bid up anymore than a notch about the second highest bidder..
(I hope that made sense) LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!