• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with Disney Planning (First Time with Child)

cdispoto

Earning My Ears
OK so I'm a Disney World veteran so I normally wouldn't need advice, but I am planning my first trip since my wife and I had a child.

We want to go within the first five weeks of 2018, shortly after my daughter turns three years old. But I've been looking online and don't see any promotions to stay during that time.

Is there a specific week during that stretch that might be cheaper to stay? Any tips on which days might be cheaper (ie Tuesday to Thursday) or how to stay on the monorail, with a three-year-old and still somehow reign in the costs?

I've explored driving (from N.J.) and staying in the moderate hotels but my wife is adamant that she wants to fly and stay on the monorail so I'm starting to lose hair just thinking about the price!

Mousesavers has the history of the deepest discounts over the last four years. It looks like about this time were starting about this time.

Mousesavers.com
Walt Disney World
Disney World Discounts
Click here to get discounts

Happy wife, happy life.
Also I have found some decent luck with actually calling/booking through Disney. I will often call back after the original booking and ask if there any applicable discounts or offers and they will always accommodate you. I once got $400 off a trip and one time got a free Disney Dining plan.
But being honest, any Monorail loop hotel will be big money, there not lots of discounts

One money saving tip if your dates are flexible...go just before your daughter turns 3 rather than after. She is free until 3. I believe as long as you check in before her 3rd birthday then she wont need tickets (even if her birtday is during the trip) & can eat off of your plate at any buffet. We went this year with our two year old for our first trip with a little one & it was great! Just prepare to slow down to their speed, prepare for naps & learn the rider swap system...it is fantastic!

Would your wife consider Pop Century? I believe it's rather close to most of the parks and the buses shouldn't be too bad....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter