Help with Disney Atlantis movie bday party theme

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by we3travellers, Mar 26, 2013.

1. we3travellers

we3travellers Mouseketeer

Does anyone remember this movie? Atlantis The Lost Empire I think was from about 2001. Not a biggie, but I scored a great deal on bday supplies and thought it would fit DS's party at an indoor sand volleyball place. They will be playing games in the sand as well as a little volleyball and some rock climbing. I snagged a lot of decor items (banner, streamers, balloons, tablecovers) and will add a fish net, shells, gold coins etc. to the table. I am stuck on loot bag items and food. I got the bags, hats, stickers and blowouts, but want to add a little more on a tight budget. The venue is costing more than I would like! :scared1: I will be making a sea/beach themed cake. Also, the venue is including pizza and juice, but I can add any other items (fruit, veggies, chips, etc.). Anything but popcorn. :confused3 If I do not want pizza, I will get $2 off per child, but that is only $30 total and I really don't know what else to do for that amount. I'd like to maybe do something more in the theme. Any suggestions? FYI, if anyone else is interested in the theme, all items were .99 at partypro.com I spent about $21 for a TON of stuff! :cool1:

2. FINFAN

FINFAN Mom to Tinkbell

I remember the movie. Sounds like a fun party! How about adding some sort of de-coding type item since if I remember right, they had to decode in the movie. You could have sub sandwiches since submarines were key in the movie, but not sure you can beat $30 getting subs unless you made them yourself. What age is the party? I remember a volcano too, and of course the treasure at the end.

3. Sam81

Sam81 Mouseketeer

I haven't read the entire thread, but wanted to send warm wishes to the OP.