Help with Dining Rotation

USFBullsFan2819

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
My DW and I are already counting down to our May 2nd Fantasy Cruise (no, seriously, there's a countdown on our fridge).

I'm trying to figure out when we should book Palo for dinner/what rotation we should try to get. Last year, we cruised on the Dream on a 5-night, and we really enjoyed Royal Palace, but didn't care much for Enchanted Garden. We ended up booking Palo on the AP night on a whim (after meeting one of the Sommeliers during an on-board activity earlier in the day) so we didn't get to experience that rotation.

At this point, all I know is Night 4 is Prince and Princess and Night 5 is Pirate. We're also sailing with some first time DCL cruisers.

So, awesome people, what would you suggest?

On a 7-night cruise you'll be assigned to all three restaurants twice, and one of them a third time. The restaurant with three assignments will be where you'll go on pirate night. Since we don't enjoy the Pirate Night menu, that would be our first choice for Palo. Then you'd have each restaurant twice, plus Palo.

I usually end up booking a few nights at Palo and at least 1 Brunch for my 7 day cruises.

Enchanted Garden is my least fav, so I'll book a dinner on one of the first 3 nights and request a rotation (or have it changed on board) so it'll match up.

The last night is one of my favorite times to go to Palos as I find the "See you real soon" menu as one of the most limiting and it's just such a nice way for me to end the cruise!

Thanks! I actually really enjoyed the Pirate Night menu when we sailed on the Dream. I think it might have been one of my faves.
I think I'll book one of the first few days like jdb mentioned, and request a change if it's not the EG night.

CrowMomma, For some reason I thought you could only book 1 dinner and 1 brunch for each Adult Dining restaurant? We've booked brunch and are really looking forward to it!

Thanks! I actually really enjoyed the Pirate Night menu when we sailed on the Dream. I think it might have been one of my faves.
I think I'll book one of the first few days like jdb mentioned, and request a change if it's not the EG night.

CrowMomma, For some reason I thought you could only book 1 dinner and 1 brunch for each Adult Dining restaurant? We've booked brunch and are really looking forward to it!

You can only book one of each type in advance, you can book as many as you want once you get on the ship. At 1PM on embarkation day, you can book directly from Palo or Remy or you can book via where they are accepting dining changes (Royal Court/Palace usually, but it will be on your navigator).

I have also called and booked last minute on the same day as well.

You can only book one of each type in advance, you can book as many as you want once you get on the ship. At 1PM on embarkation day, you can book directly from Palo or Remy or you can book via where they are accepting dining changes (Royal Court/Palace usually, but it will be on your navigator).

I have also called and booked last minute on the same day as well.

The fine print on the website says you can only dine once. Interesting.
"All Guests dining at Remy must be age 18 or older. Each Guest may dine at Remy only once per cruise and may dine at Palo only once per cruise for each meal – Dinner, Brunch and High Tea."

Not worried about it though, as we enjoy the MDR and the rest of the on board options. I decided to just wait for our dinner res until we get on board, and request the rotation we'd like :)

The fine print on the website says you can only dine once. Interesting.
"All Guests dining at Remy must be age 18 or older. Each Guest may dine at Remy only once per cruise and may dine at Palo only once per cruise for each meal – Dinner, Brunch and High Tea."
Where are you seeing this? I can't find it on the DCL website, under Remy.

Remy's and Palo are both adults only.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/dining/remy/

Remy on the Disney Dream is an intimate Adult Exclusive restaurant located on Deck 12, Aft that serves the finest in French-inspired cuisine for dinner. Offering the most upscale dining experience on board, Remy features spectacular ocean views and a warm, sophisticated décor—the perfect romantic setting for Guests 18 years of age and older.

Where are you seeing this? I can't find it on the DCL website, under Remy.

It was at the bottom of the page when you go to book activities/dining ahead of time.

Remy's and Palo are both adults only.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/dining/remy/

Remy on the Disney Dream is an intimate Adult Exclusive restaurant located on Deck 12, Aft that serves the finest in French-inspired cuisine for dinner. Offering the most upscale dining experience on board, Remy features spectacular ocean views and a warm, sophisticated décor—the perfect romantic setting for Guests 18 years of age and older.

Right, but the conversation earlier was that you could book multiple times once on board. I mainly was commenting that it's interesting that the fine print says otherwise.

It was at the bottom of the page when you go to book activities/dining ahead of time.
I'm going to guess it's left over from an earlier time. Especially since it says "high tea". DCL (Palo) hasn't had High Tea for about 6 years. I think they haven't updated that particular page.

If there was availability, you have always been able to go to Palo multiple times. Every time we have gone since 2004 our server or the manager has asked if we would like to come back and offered to get us another reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter