Help with Dining Plans for 5 12/20-26

dawn05

Earning My Ears
So we are surprising the Kids with a Disney World Trip at Christmas time since it has been a really tough year. They lost 2 Grandparents so we are doing this in their honor since the kiddos would normally spend the week after Christmas with them. None of us have ever been to Disney, so we are clueless. Since we are surprising the kiddos, it has been difficult to do much planning so we don't give it away. Seems like there is always a kid hovering around, so finding time to do research is quite tough. Anyway, the kids are Boys 10 & 12 and Girl 5. We want to do this right since we are trying to end the year on a positive note. Our Reservations are for Port Orleans Riverside 12/20-12/26. Would love any feedback since we feel lost. I really want to do the Royal Table with my Princess, and have been stalking that, but no luck. Essentially, we have nothing other than Hotel and 6 day Disney Passes.
Feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to decipher it all. Still looking for the Disney for Dummies section.
We appreciate any advice!
~Dawn

Just broaden your search a bit.

If you go to disneyworld.com, click on "Where to Eat" and "Make Dining Reservations. Under Select Date and Time, select 12/20/10, "Breakfast" for time and "5" for party size, I came up with 13 restaurants with matching availability. "Lunch" came up with 32 options and "Dinner" came up with 47 results! Dinner on the 21st has 50 results, the 22nd has 50 options as well.

Keep an eye on the December Canceled ADR thread, but don't sweat it if you don't get the meals you think you want. Often the most popular choices on the board are my personal least favorite places to eat. Just take a look at what is available and see which of those menus appeal to you.

You definitely won't go hungry. :goodvibes

Good Luck getting some good reservations. Check online as much as possible as different things come up all the time. Also, start checking the December cancellation thread on here. It is a great way to pick up something you want to eat at.

Tusker House Safari breakfast, Crystal Palace, Coral Reef & Ohana are all neat places your kids would enjoy. However, they are all hard to get. I'd find several restaurants that have times open & go ahead & book them. Then if you get something you like better just cancel them.

I did look online for you & found one that you might like. It was available now - hopefully will be if you want it:
Coral Reef at Epcot on 12/ 25 at 9:10 p.m. for a party of 5. Is abit late but we love that place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter