Help with DD restaurant

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by THESCHULTZFIVE, Aug 7, 2006.

1. THESCHULTZFIVE

THESCHULTZFIVE DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>I'm really nuts

We are driving to WDW this year. It's a tradition to go to Downtown Disney on our first day/night there. What's the best place to eat without having an ADR. I don't know what time we'll arrive, so I don't want to make an ADR b/c we might be later or earlier than I expect. If none of the restaurants are non-ADR friendly, then I guess we'll just eat at Artist Palette. TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Hmm.. I know in 2003 we were able to walk in to Rainforst Cafe in DTD and eat well we waited about 15-20 min but it wasnt a bad wait at all we had so much to look at..lol

4. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

We are arriving on the 26th and plan to go to DT Disney right away, too. we will just hit the Earl of Sandwich and hten shop.

herc.

5. THESCHULTZFIVE

Wow, really? That's the one place that I thought we would never get in without an ADR. I'll keep that in mind, especially if we arrive after "popular dinner hours".

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Planet Hollywood told us that they don't take same day ADRs, and rarely have much of a wait till after 7 pm. Earl of Sandwich is a great place to get a light dinner!

7. iggbees

iggbees DIS Veteran

earl of sandwich is awesome! we ate there 2 times on our last trip. the meals are so reasonably priced (4.99$ for quite a large sub type sandwich!).

8. bctripp

bctripp Mouseketeer

We had earl of sandwich, and it was great! Lots to choose from, all kinds of sandwiches (hot or cold), bunches of drinks (bottled or fountain, beer is available, juices too), chips, cookies, and salads. We fed 3 adults and 2 kids for about $40. It's definitely one of my favorites now, anything to save money. We shared a Hot Fudge Sundae at Ghiradelli Chocolate place later in the night.

9. erinch

erinch DIS Veteran

if you get there earlier, it's not difficult to get into the HoB, or Bongos.
    You could also make a couple of ADRs at Rainforest for different times, using different names/cellphones. If you don't show up, they just expire the ADR, and it doesn't keep someone else from eating. My experience with them is that they allow some range -- i.e. if you show up a little early or a little late, you'll still get ADR seating....although still likely to wait.

10. THESCHULTZFIVE

Thanks all for the replies. While the Earl of Sandwhich looks great to me, DD9 "dosen't like anything from that place". Maybe DH and I will check it out for a late night snack while mom watches the kids. I may do the 2 ressies at Rainforest. I know my kids like it and after an 18 hour drive, I don't wanna hear them whining about the menu.

11. LISAMWDW

LISAMWDW DIS Veteran

My favorites in DTD is Earl of Sandwich and Rainforest Cafe.

12. Aimeedyan

Aimeedyan <font color=blue>Why get all excited about somethi

You should try Raglan Road! People seem to still be able to get a walkup fairly easily there.

13. MissMagnolia

MissMagnolia DIS Veteran

Another vote for Rainforest Cafe.