Help with Cricut-ing for my FE

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by joyebean, Oct 10, 2012.

1. joyebean

joyebean Mouseketeer

I have long since missed the boat (haha, get it?) on getting my own Mickey Font Cricut cartridge (not to mention I haven't managed to get a Cricut either), and I'm needing some help.

If you or someone you know has the Mickey Font cartridge, could I send sheets of felt (and a pre-paid return shipping envelope), get a bunch of Mickey icons cut out of it, and have it sent back? I've nearly finished my FE, but I need a bunch of Mickey heads in different felt colors, and I haven't been able to cut them out by hand without them being a little (or a lot) wobbly.

If you can help me, please send me a PM or post in this thread and I'll email.

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ORDisneyfans

ORDisneyfans Mouseketeer

The felt is hard to cut even with the cricut! I have 2 Cricuts and a Mickey cartridge (Mickey and Friends) but I don;t think I can cut felt out very well. Also it would be hard on the mats and blades! Thin fabric or vinyl might work.

Sorry no help here!

4. bahacca

bahacca Mouseketeer

I have a friend who is going to let me borrow her Cricut and I brought up felt as well. She said it wouldn't work.
    For the OP-if you REALLY need felt, ask someone to make said images for you with scrapbooking paper since it is a bit thicker and trace them onto the felt and then cut them out by hand. Or find the image online and print it, pin it to the felt, outline and cut.

5. Minnie321

Minnie321 DIS Veteran

I am not sure what you are trying to make with the felt but I have recently discovered iron on vinyl and it is great and it cuts on a cricut. Check out expressions vinyl.com. It is not expensive either.

6. joyebean

joyebean Mouseketeer

What about light flannel? I'm doing a flannel board type thing, where people can move them around.