Help with Contempory

LBKB

DIS Veteran
We are going to stay at Disney for 2 nights Dec. 17&18 our kids want to stay at the Contemporary not sure we can swing that kind of price any sugggestion? :confused3

Why are they sold on CR?? You can always book a wing room....much cheaper than the tower, but still fairly pricey.... there are tons of very kid fun places to stay that are much more budget friendly....don't break the bank because they think that is the only place to stay...figure out what the budget is....see what your on site options are and let them pick from those and don't feel bad about it....because once they are there they won't have any regrets no matter where they are!!

Doesn't look terribly promising for codes this year, but you can always watch and hope.

They may not be able to understand the value of money but you can explain it to them in if we stay here then we can only do this, but if stay here we can do all of this.

Set it up so it is very clear which one is the value and provides them more in return. By having them select the non-CR option they have buy in and will support the details of what you will end up doing anyway.

Have they watched that free DVD that Disney will send you? There are other places that would look more fun in the eyes of your kids. We love the Contemporary, but it was fairly easy to convince the kids to stay somewhere else when they watched that DVD and saw some pictures. All the moderates have much better pools.

What are their ages? I see you just have a few days. Do you plan on spending most of your time at the MK? If so the CR might be a good deal when you also consider your time and the convenience.

I don't want to highjack your thread, but I have a question. I've been trying to find out any info I can about CR and haven't had much luck. I'm guessing it's not possible to get a remodeled tower room at a standard room rate. Is this correct? Is it worth it to stay in a wing room? The whole reason we'd want to stay at CR is so we would be in the tower with the monorail. DS9 thinks that would be really cool.

There was a cast member that posted about CR - they are doing renovations on the concierge level, moving it down to the 10th floor, so CR may be hard to get - they are still renovating the south wing if I'm not mistaken...

Long time ago, before I knew about the internet, we took our two boys to Disney thru American Express, we were booked in Contempory, and I thought of that monorail, and how cool for the boys (I'm thinking they were 6 and8) well, I didnt have a clue there were wing rooms!! :rotfl: Now we did get a great room, but still, it didnt feel like we were staying at the contempory!! The boys loved the pool, but it didnt have a slide...

I guess, just do your research!!

eeyore45 said:
The boys loved the pool, but it didnt have a slide...
I just saw a picture of the main pool at CR and I was sure it had a slide. ???

Zandy595 said:
I just saw a picture of the main pool at CR and I was sure it had a slide. ???

Sorry to confuse you, we stayed years ago, and I do recall posts talking about the upgrade of the pool, but since I have no knowledge, I didnt want to state anything... but I didnt mean to confuse!!

It is my understanding the Atrium Club will be without a lounge during its temporary home on the 10th floor. Can the club still be considered concierge if there is no lounge, snacks, etc? Perhaps they are allowing member's use of the 14th lounge temporarily? :confused3

They have converted an area on the 10th floor to be the lounge while 12 is being remodeled....I have no idea what the 10th floor area looks like...but irt is open now...so we may see reports soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter