Help with Character dining!

DisGirl819

<font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali
Where can I take DD to see Mickey at a character meal that is not too horribly loud and obnoxious? I've heard awful things about Chef Mickey's. She just loves Mickey though and It thought it would be fun to get her to see him.
Is Mickey at the Tusker House? The breakfast there sounds yummy.

Where can I take DD to see Mickey at a character meal that is not too horribly loud and obnoxious? I've heard awful things about Chef Mickey's. She just loves Mickey though and It thought it would be fun to get her to see him.

Well, I personally love Chef Mickeys and we eat there every trip. If you've never been there, you should try it and get your own opinion. :thumbsup2
You might LOVE it. (or hate it :lmao: but won't know until you try it) I'm quoting my mother here... you'll never know until you try it.... :cutie:

I know it is relatively new, has anyone heard if "Bolt" will be part of any character dinners, or just be a character out and about in the parks?

Chef Mickey's can be loud but it is a lot of fun! I'm not sure what you mean by awful, but I think all Character dining can be hit or miss! We saw Mickey at the Land in Epcot (Garden Grill). It is certainly quiet since you sit in a rotating booth and the characters come to greet you. For me not nearly as fun as Chef Mickey's and the food wasn't as good.

It is all personal preference!

Good Luck!

There is Mickey's BBQ at Fort Wilderness also. We have been to Chef Mickey's numerous times and the noise isn't that bad. It is a fun place and I think you would enjoy it.

Donald's Safari Breakfast at AK has a wonderful breakfast and Mickey is there dressed in a safari outfit. I find this place less hectic than CM. My son loves this character breakfast...mickey spend 5 mins with him and Mickey took his hands and gave him an instruments and let him to a parade/dance party. My husband favorite breakfast buffet next to BOMA.

You can dine with Mickey at Chef Mickey's (brkfst or dinner), Tusker House (brkfst), Ohana (brkfst) and Garden Grill (dinner). Out of these 4, Ohana brkfst and Garden Grill dinner will be the two most calm/relaxed experiences. We love Ohana brkfst, but do not like Garden Grill - however, you will have very good character interaction for either one of these.

I know it is relatively new, has anyone heard if "Bolt" will be part of any character dinners, or just be a character out and about in the parks?

As of now, Bolt is no longer available for meet & greets. :sad1: He used to be at the Animation Building in Hollywood Studios until about a month ago when he was replaced with the UP characters. There have been no sightings of Bolt as a random character in the park since his removal and no rumors of him being part of any character meal to my knowledge.

If you are mostly concerned about the hectic pace/wild antics, I would recommend Garden Grill. Our family really enjoyed that one (Mickey, Pluto, Chip, Dale) and we actually did like the food too.

We ate at Garden Grill last week and Mickey (as well as the other characters) came to our table at least a minimum of three times.

Garden Grill is unique in that it is a rotating (think slow; not dizzy) restuarant that uses a lot of the ingredients grown right there in the Land building in the hydroplaunics garden. The food is served family style. In other words, the menu is already chosen and brought to your table for you and your family to share....our menu consisted of salad (with a ranch style dressing), fried catfish, marinated flank steak, and turkey. Sides inlcuded sauteed veggies, stuffing, and some type of potato dish (can't remember). Dessert was a blueberry cobbler. Kids had Mac and Cheese and chicken nuggets. They had a chose of one of two desserts...my kids chose the worms in mud dessert. You could ask for seconds of anything.

We enjoyed it...the food and the quietness compared to that of Chef Mickeys. And the characters spent a lot of time with each child.

Thank you everyone!! I think we might do Tusker House for breakfast and Garden Grill for dinner. Something quieter would be better for us. We did the princess dining at Ariel's Grotto in Disneyland at Christmas and it was awful. We were rushed and the princesses practically ran by each table for quick pics. I want something quieter and a bit more relaxed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter