Help with a scavenger hunt for Girl Scout troop

vcr

Earning My Ears
I am taking my troop camping at Fort Wilderness and to Cirque du Soleil in a few weeks, and want to do a photo scavenger hunt with them. I did one for my older daughter's troop 10 years ago, but I know that things have changed. Please critique my list and let me know if there are any fun things to add. We will be there for 3 days and are not going to any parks. Thanks

DOWNTOWN DISNEY WEST SIDE

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL CLOWNS
PLANET EARTH
PINEAPPLE
GIANT COCKROACH IN PLANET HOLLYWOOD LOCATION
HOUSE OF BLUES WATER TOWER
THE SHRIMP BOAT FROM THE FOREST GUMP MOVIE
LA NOUBA TENT
CANDY COULDREN STORE ON UPPER WALL ABOVE THE CANDY DISPLAY, A DARK MARK ON A STONE NEAR THE CEILING FORMS A HIDDEN MICKEY ___________ADULT INITIALS
CHILD-SIZED METAL ANGEL SCULPTURE (HINT: SHE'S SINGING THE BLUES)
PRESIDENTIAL HELICOPTER
BOXING WITH ROCKY (HINT: HE'S A LONG "FLIGHT" AROUND THE WORLD AWAY)
BALLET DANCER TOPIARY FROM EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
HOT AIR BALLOON

ANYWHERE

PRINTED NAPKIN
PURCHASE A PRESSED PENNY
BUS DRIVERS LICENSE
GROUP SHOT WITH HATS ON
SECURITY GUARD
FOREIGNER NAME_________________________COUNTRY_______________________
AS MANY BROCHURES AS YOU CAN FIND
MONORAIL CARD
STATUES OF CHARACTERS____________NUMBER OF PICTURES
HULA DANCERS

FORT WILDERNESS LODGE

TOTEM POLE
WATERFALL
GEYSER (ERUPTS ON THE HOUR)
ASK AT THE FRONT DESK FOR HIDDEN MICKEY LIST
IN THE CORNER TO THE RIGHT OF THE FIREPLACE, FIND A CLASSIC MICKEY ON THE ROCK______________________ADULT INITIALS

FORT WILDERNESS CAMPGROUND

TENT
COVERED WAGON
CHIP AND DALE AUTOGRAPH
PETTING ZOO ANIMAL
NAME THE HEAVIEST HORSE IN THE BARN_____________________________________
NAME THE OLDEST HORSE IN THE BARN______________________________________
NAME THE SMALLEST HORSE OR HORSES______________________________________

DOWNTOWN DISNEY MARKETPLACE

ASK THE PORT ORLEANS BOAT DRIVER FOR A MARDI GRAS COIN
CHRISTMAS SNOW SCULPTURE
RAINFOREST CAFE ANIMAL
YOUR GROUP ON THE MERRY-GO-ROUND
CHRISTMAS TREE
CHRISTMAS STORE THREE TREES (NOT X-MAS) HAVE MICKEYS CARVED IN TRUNKS ________________ADULT INITIALS
MR. POTATO HEAD THAT YOU CREATED
WINNIE THE POOH AND TIGER STATUE
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR STATUE
DISNEY PRINCESS
LEGO STATUE
WORLD OF DISNEY STORE TWO HIDDEN MICKEYS IN TWEEDLE DEE MURAL (ON A FLAG AND APRON)__________________________ADULT INITIALS
SAME STORE IN GENIE ROOM MAPS WITH MICKEY________GOOFY______________ WINNIE THE POOH SHAPES_____________ADULT INITIALS

This is a great idea. I noticed one thing you might want to change... And this is going to make me sound like some kind of overly sensitive PC goof... I promise I am NOT.

The "Foreginer Name" might not be the best idea. I could see parents or even the "Foreginer" being a little offended. As silly as that sounds you might consider the only way the girls will probably ID a "Foreginer" would be to stereotype most people. Could you imagine the embarrassment of the girls welcoming an Asian person to America and asking where they are from only to have him or her reply in perfect English "Orlando".

I think the idea of having them locate a visitor to our country and then learning to open a dialog with that person and estabolish a short relationship is great... Just might want to find a better way to define it.

Again... I am not nearly as sensitive as this post makes me sound... Which might be an indicator as to how easily someone could find it offensive.

Again, great idea... I will probably use this idea in the future.

A fun idea I've done with my Guiding group is a photo scavenger hunt where they have to find something using each letter of the alphabet! :)

I'm thinking that a monorail card is perhaps a transportation card??? Most of the transportation employees carry with them Disney transportation trading cards. YI can get them on Didney boats, monorail, and most buses. My son loves collecting them!

I'm thinking that a monorail card is perhaps a transportation card??? Most of the transportation employees carry with them Disney transportation trading cards. YI can get them on Didney boats, monorail, and most buses. My son loves collecting them!

Interesting. Never heard of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter