Help with a mistake I made in booking dining the day we arrive

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Lsheer25, Mar 1, 2013.

1. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Assuming you need to pick up your tickets at your resort, no, this is cutting it too close.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. detarica

detarica Mouseketeer

The reservation people on the phone with you can only do so much from their call center. I would try calling the hotel concierge desk ahead of trip and ask for help. They may have creative suggestions for you. Tell them you are not having a magical day and need their help. Some people have told me that telling a cast member at WDW that you are not having a magical day is a phrase that gets big results. Never tried it before because I haven't really needed it.

4. roomthreeseventeen

Oh, my, I can think of so many real life situations where this would come in handy.

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

It is if you don't cancel at least the day before.

Because there's now some vagueness associated with the policy for cancellations I'd give it 24 hours but you can get a refund if you cancel it on time. But if you don't cancel it and are a no-show, you're out the full cost of the meal (not just the $10 per person you get at most other restaurants).

I think one of the things it's been agreed upon on the thread is that they're not likely to make it if they use DME. If they arrange private transportation they will have to get their own luggage.

6. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

If you can't change your dining reservation then I really doubt that you can get there in time, even if you hire a limo. The chances of failure are pretty good. I think you are just going to have to add this to your list of things to do next time. It really isn't the end of the world, when you look at the big picture. :)

My husband would be extremely angry if I dragged the family around trying to get to a dining reservation. :coffee:

7. AuroraMeansDawn

AuroraMeansDawn DIS Veteran

If you do opt to take a cab to the resort, drop bags and go straight to the MK have them take you to the Contemporary, not to the TTC or you're at the mercy of a ferry or monorail. Have the drop you at the farthest part of the Contemporary so you can walk to the MK.

8. Tinkh

Tinkh DIS Veteran

I would call Cinderella's table and ask the personally the policy of getting charged if you are late. I have had to check in late to reservations once or twice and it wasn't a big deal. Either way your card would be charged, so maybe they will tell you that IF you are little late that it will be ok. Worth a try.

9. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

Easy. Put the ME tags on your luggage, they will automatically bring your luggage to your resort. Get off the plane and get a taxi straight to MK. Enjoy your lunch, leave, check into your hotel, tell them to deliver your luggage and then go back to MK at night if you want.

10. AuroraMeansDawn

AuroraMeansDawn DIS Veteran

Only if you already have park admission tickets. If not you have to check in to get them.

11. roomthreeseventeen

This does not work if OP's theme park tickets are at the resort.

12. tony609

tony609 "I've Gotta Show To Do"

I would rent a town car to take you to the Wdw resort and back to the airport. Have done this before it saves a ton if time and cheaper than a cab..it was about $75 plus tip when I did it about 5 -6 years ago. I would carry on if possible all bags. Then once at resort I'd check in and hurry to MK via cab.