HELP! - Who can tell me what this is?

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by Mom2Ashli, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Mom2Ashli

Mom2Ashli DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">People are

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mickster

Mickster <font color=darkorchid>Swapaholics Unite!<br><font

I think it is the ATG tape gun.

4. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

people are raving about this thing but it looks huge!!! Is it really worth it???

5. Mickster

Mickster <font color=darkorchid>Swapaholics Unite!<br><font

I don't know, but I saw several (like 5 at one time) buy one at the convention. Not cheap, either. It does have a lot of adhesive on the roll. I think they said 20 or 30 yards.

6. Mom2Ashli

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. :yay:

I saw a couple of these when I was looking at peoples scrap rooms and it was driving me crazy because I couldn't tell what it was from the picture.

I tried to zoom in but couldn't read the darn thing.

7. hopemax

hopemax Note to Self:

Yes, that is the Yellow version of the ATG gun. And yes, it is worth every penny and ounce! I have the red one, and I would never give it up. The difference between the red and yellow is that red only takes 1/4" tape, while the yellow can take several widths, but you need an adapter to use 1/4" tape.

It is big, but it is light. It seems expensive at around $40, but someone figured out that the refills run about $.03 a foot. CM tape runner is about $.14 a foot, and other adhesives about $.10 a foot, so figure out how much adhesive you use in a year, and it pays for itself in no time. The rolls are like 36 YARDS each for $2.80, while most tape runners are $4-$5 and you get 36 ft.. I bought the gun in January and bought 5 refills and I just put in the 5th refill to finish up the Newbie Epcot swap.

8. marlynnp

marlynnp No take backs, bowing out or other weenie manuever

I have the red one too! It's the best tool I ever bought. Cheapest place to buy is framingsupplies dot com - 3M products - tape dispenser gun

Make sure you buy the GOLD adhesive that's the one that's acid free and yes there are 36 YARDS on 1 refill!

9. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

finally!!! DH helped me remember what it looks like, the pricing guns we used to use at Michael's.

10. 4greatboys

4greatboys DIS Veteran

Im glad you found out what it was kelli!

11. calanniebu

calanniebu <font color=red>... you're never to old to love a

I recently got one ... and I think it's totally worth it if you are like me :love: using an adhesive runner. The final straw for me was the owner of my LSS who pointed out how much my tape runner refills were (even when I bought them on sale) vs. how much the ATG refills were. It will truly pay for itself over time. I still keep my tombo around for those hard to reach places :rotfl:

12. Mom2Ashli

That is exactly what I was telling my friend that it looked like. :laughing:

13. New England Eeyore

New England Eeyore <font color=purple>Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe a

I agree it seems so big - does it feel comfortable when you hold it in your hand?

calanniebu - are you going to the crop this Saturday and are you bringing that? I'd love to see one in person.

I'm all for the "good investment" kind of products.

14. BernardandMissBianca

this might be what you need for your programs.

15. calanniebu

It did take a little bit to get used to, but so far so good. Yup! DH and I figured out our weekend plans and I'm free!
    :cool1:

Now, does anyone have any tips for packing for a crop? This will be my *first* one!

16. New England Eeyore

New England Eeyore <font color=purple>Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe a

It probably would be, if they weren't going to be done this week!

17. calanniebu

if you can wait till Saturday ... you can try mine ... but Laurie doesn't always have them in stock - she usually has them all sold before she even gets them in!!!

18. Diana Lyn

Diana Lyn <font color=9933cc>A sucker for 90210<br><font col

I'll just repeat what everyone is saying---this is the best adhesive I've ever used, it's totally worth the money! Sure, you get crazy looks from people when you whip it out at a crop, but I've never run out of adhesive at a crop since I bought it!