Help! Which deluxe to stay at over Christmas?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MtnRose23, Oct 29, 2012.

1. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

The room was awesome ... we got upgraded upon check-in (we didn't ask for it) to a deluxe room that was huge. It had 2 queen beds and a couch and way too much room for the 2 of us ... it also did have a balcony that faced the main pool. As far as price goes all I can remeber was that we got the 35% off, AP discount.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kaligal

kaligal DIS Veteran

Given the choices, I will go with Yacht Club.

I love the BC and like BWI enough, but feel that both look terrible at Christmas. They just don't feel very Christmassy at all, IMO. Yacht Club pulls it off much better and is a decent hotel.

But I've stayed at all three around Christmastime and it isn't like BWI is some kind of hardship, lol.

4. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

The main reason to recommend Epcot resorts is the proximity to DHS for Osborne Lights. We ended up there most nights just to see them. Nothing better!!

5. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

The 2 deluxe reosrts I'd choose at Christmas are the Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Floridian RPC. The Wilderness Lodge has a very warm family friendly feeling at Christmas. I would get a bunk room with a courtyard view. The GF has a Victorian more formal Christmas aura. I would not stay there except on the Royal Palm Court level. I dont like walking from the main building to the outer buildings-just loses some of grandness. Besides if it's chilly and rainy, the walk would be miserable.
    We are DVC members at the BWV but none of the Epcot resorts have that real Christmas ambiance at least in my opinion. We've stayed at all of them at Christmas time so I'm basing my post on that. At any other time of the year though, the Epcot resorts are our first choice.

6. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

Looks like Royal Palm is full but Sugar Loaf, the outer building CL has a standard view room at $905 a night. Royal Palm would be higher. The rooms are identical in all buildings it's the view and amenities you're paying for. All rooms have balconies or patios, the top floors have dormers with a more enclosed balcony. We wound up with our first ground floor room there last December and the patio is pretty spacious. All double queen rooms sleep five with a daybed. We have also had a king room with a queen sofa sleeper when our girls were younger, considered an upgrade because it had a dead on view of Cinderellas Castle.

7. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

op

which park will you spend the most time at - Studio, Epcot, Mk or AK?

if studio then BWV
    if Epcot then BCV
    if MK then CR or Polyn
    if AK then anything (AKV the closest hotel to AK does not have walking, boating or anything but bus transportation to all the parks)

this is more important than you realize. deluxe resort share the buses to the other parks. so if you can't walk, boat or monorail to it - then it is bus transportation. plus the deluxe resorts share - bc and yc will share, bw, d & s will share and at slow times they will all share.

at mk resorts - cr, polyn and gf share alot to Dd and studios - don't know about ak....

during a busy season and when you are going it is the busiest - then you need to consider your opinions carefully.

8. cocoachip

cocoachip Mouseketeer

Another vote for WL at Christmas!

9. Babbletrish

Babbletrish DIS Veteran

You're essentially going to have to settle for whatever's left at this point, but by far you cannot beat the Contemporary/BLT for convenience. Great views of the fireworks and you'll be able to visit the Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon resorts and their fantastic decorations very easily.