• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help--What items must I lug to the parks daily?

kcrew

Gets a Warm, Fuzzy Feeling When Thinking about DIS
I am trying to compile a list of must take items for the parks. So far I have the following: camera, autograph books/pens, ponchos, water bottles, between snack snacks, sunscreen, lip balm, hats, something to so while standing in line/waiting for parades(suggestions for this one please), glow sticks for nighttime, What else have you found indispensible and how do you lug all this stuff. I think I need to find some sort of pack/waterbottel contraption for all of us. Will I still need a backpack? I'm not going to get a locker. Thank you!

Well, sounds like you might need a backpack, especially if your carrying waterbottles (do they have straps?). Ours has straps, and I don't like carrying them the entire time.

Also, take Tylenol or something along those lines. And if anyone is prone to allergies /sinus problems maybe a couple of capsules to handle that.

Almost forgot, I carry a few of those chewable Pepto tablets too. And visors or hats.

do not forget to pack an extra change of clothes for the kids, if you have any. While waiting 25 minutes in line for Peter Pan, our 5 yr old daughter wet herself just as we were going to get in the ride....We also brought a hotel towel to put over the stroller when she was tired. This allowed her to nap without the sun in her face.

Definately bring a backpack. I think that renting a locker is kind of dumb, personally. If you rent a locker on one side of MK, and need something on the other side, you would have to walk through the park just to get to your locker. With a backpack, you have everything you need with you

90 more days left til POR!!!

We are a family of 5 and carry the very minimum. We don't want to haul around a heavy bag all day. DH and I take turns carrying the sling type bag. We have $, room key, drivers licence, credit card, sunscreen, small first aid bag, sunglasses and camera.
We have found, it's all we really need. We do bring rain ponchos if there is a chance of rain.

We have tried to bring snacks but it's so hot that they are too gross to eat. The girls have their own little fanny packs if they want to take their sunglasses/little misters etc. But they understand if they take it, they are carrying it.

It's just more enjoyable to have a light load!

I agree we bring into the parks the bare minimun. Cash, room key, credit card, ID, lipbalm (my husband says I'm addicted), sunscreen, camera a small pack of wipes and a change of clothes for my potty training daughter. everything except the change of clothes fits in fanny packs. We tried brigning water bottles last year but it was so hot that it got really warm so we still ended up buying drinks anyways.

I have a fanny pack that I got at an army surplus store, but I have seen similar at Wal-mart or Meijer stores. It's a large fanny pack with a place on each side for a water bottle. I usually only take 1 bottle and refill it whenever I go past a refrigerated drinking fountain. I ALWAYS carry the cheap disposable ponchos (Wal-mart .99), in Sept. when we go you can expect a short down pour at any minute. Other than that it sounds like you have it covered...How old are your kids? Old enough to have a fanny pack of thier own?

I have a messenger bag that we carry the camera, money, room key, tickets, water bottle, etc. Then, each of my boys has a fanny pack that has a disposable camera (they like to have their own), an autograph book and pen. They also have a card that has my cell number, the name of the hotel where we are staying, and an off site emergency number (in case we get separated). It makes them feel less nervous about separation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter