Help What is SOG

Shades of Green, the resort formerly known as the Disney Inn, located near the Poly between the Magnolia and Palm golf courses. Some years ago, Disney leased the resort to military recreation services and it is available to current and retired U.S. military and a few others such as Department of Defense civilian employees at very favorable rates.

[FYI, military recreational services are not taxpayer supported, but support themselves through the fees charged plus earnings from shops on military bases. SoG has a phenomenally high occupancy rate year-round which helps them keep prices down]

Shades of Green closed at the end of January for a major renovation and expansion and is scheduled to remain closed until, I believe, August 2003. SoG made arrangements with WDW for guests to be accomodated in the North Garden Wing of the Contemporary Resort during the renovation.

Originally posted by DancingBear
<snip>Shades of Green closed at the end of January for a major renovation and expansion and is scheduled to remain closed until, I believe, August 2003. SoG made arrangements with WDW for guests to be accomodated in the North Garden Wing of the Contemporary Resort during the renovation.

Actually, the hotel closed to guests on Mar 31. Guests, and employees, were first notified of the closure at the end of Jan. :) And they still have yet to break ground. :(

FirstNo, thanks for the correction on the timing. If they haven't yet broken ground, any chance they will finish within the projected time?

Hope you still have a job!

Also, SoG is no longer leased. It has been purchased outright.

Originally posted by DancingBear
FirstNo, thanks for the correction on the timing. If they haven't yet broken ground, any chance they will finish within the projected time?

Hope you still have a job!

I wouldn't hold my breath for it. The newest press releases have all ready changed from "opening in Sep 2003" to "opening Fall 2003." Fall lasts until the 3rd week of Dec. At the rate they're going, I think they'll be lucky to be open by Oct 03. But, you never know. If we get good weather (it's been raining almost non-stop for the past week) and there are no problems and no accidents and nothing is held up, they may open in Sep 03. But, from the way things have been going, I wouldn't count on it. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter