HELP!! What else to do in Orlando??

kbuck

Mouseketeer
Hi I need your help! We were supposed to start our trip this past weekend with driving from New Orleans to Panama City Beach and staying there until Saturday. Saturday, July 16 we would have arrived at the Pop Century. Here is the problem. Because of Hurricane Dennis we were unable to go to Panama City Beach. Now I would like to start out drive to Orlando on Tuesday. What other things to do in Orlando besides the Disney parks and water parks. We will be going to the parks starting Sunday, July 17 as well as the waterparks.

My husband does not want to go to SeaWorld. In November 2004 we went to Universal Studios and he does not want to do this.

I need your suggestions.

I was wondering about Busch Gardens. Is it mostly roller coasters?
What else is there to do on Disney grounds? Maybe Disney quest. Tell me your thoughts.

Thanks

Hopefully leaving on Tuesday. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

There is always mini golf on Disney property. As for stuff to do off property, there is afew things I can think of. There is the orlando science center, Gatorland Zoo, Silver Springs, and Kennedy Space Center. Hope this is helpful to you. Good luck and have fun!

Miniature Golf
Downtown Disney
Spend the day touring the resorts
Laying by the pool reading a book
Gatorland
Incredible outlet mall shopping (including DisneyWorld outlet stuff)
The beach 2 hours away
Kennedy Space Center 2 hours away
Celebration (drive around the city, see a movie at the theater, dine, shop, etc)

We have enjoyed the Orlando Science Center and the Kennedy Space Center(on the coast). Science Center admission was free because we belong to our hometown Science Center. Both were wonderful days!

kbuck said:
I was wondering about Busch Gardens. Is it mostly roller coasters?

Busch has several 'lands' similar to MK's different sections (Adventureland, Fantasyland, etc.). Each land has 1 roller coaster and a few other rides. It supposedly has the #1 or 2 roller coaster in the world (but was not functioning most of the day we were there :rotfl2: ). It also has a safari ride similar to Kilamanjaro Safari (not as good or as long ;) ), and a train that takes you around their free-roaming animal park.

It is a great park to walk thru as the grounds are full of greenery and lots of snack bars, restaurants like any park. My sister is much more of a nature lover and she much prefers Busch to WDW or Universal because of the animals and scenery.

I had read that the crowds there should be reasonable for those of us used to the WDW lines, but they are now only just experimenting with a fastpass type system - this got us onto the Safari without a wait, but no other rides. If you go and want to ride, I'd suggest reading the one of the Orlando guides which include Busch (Frommers maybe?) and follow their plan for the rides.

There are also a few shows scattered through the park if you prefer those to rides. You can get their schedules when you arrive. :rockband:

Good luck with your plans wherever you go! :flower:

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I think we decided to go to Disney Quest, let the kids swim and add an extra day at the parks. We may ever try wonderworks.

Thanks

How about Gatorland? There is also a lot of touristy stuff to see on I drive. We also enjoyed spending time at DTD. There is also nice outlet malls and malls. You could also tour some of the other Disney resorts and check out the pools. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Have Anyone Heard Of The Premium Outlet Mall.Great!It Has A Food Court And Great Shopping Areas!We Also Went To A Pirate Mini Putt Place.It Was Fun.
Baby Simba:flower:

A good comedy show is Sak Comedy Lab in downtown Orlando. It's like a live "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" I don't know why they don't advertise more. They do pack them in, though. Their web site is: www.sak.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter