Help! What am I doing wrong?

goNsoon2WDW

DIS Veteran
I thought it would be fun to make some t-shirts for my family to wear on our trip so I took an image and used an iron-on application from Michaels. I read and followed the directions carefully.

Unfortunately, my shirts are not holding up to washing. The image is really wrinkled and cracking. AUGH!

What am I doing wrong? Is it me or should I only expect to get to wear them a couple of times?

Hopefully someone will be able to give me some advice.
Thanks for your help.

washing them inside out helps a bit but mine never hold up so you're not the only one with the problem

Hopefully someone has the answer for you

I'm going to move this down to the creative DISign forum..they work with images and iron-ons all the time so they will be able to help figure this out.

use better transfers. Amy has the best!!

make sure your dryer isn't too hot. I put one in (inside out) for a short time and it cracked a little....others I just hung up and they look great 8 months later.

use better transfers. Amy has the best!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am using the TransferMAGIC brand that I bought at Michaels. I also tried the Avery brand, but both had the same result.

Who is Amy and how do I purchase her transfers?

I am Amy (and I see I boo-ed you before, how cool).

Send me your email address and I would be glad to send you a link to my site.

Having a transfer peel after one or two washes has nothing to do with what you did/did not do - it really has more to do with the transfer quality itself. You will love my transfers as they wash up great!

Amy I'd love your info but I don't have enough posts to PM you. Could you PM me with the info? We are leaving in 21 days and I'm hoping to pull this off.....THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I am Amy (and I see I boo-ed you before, how cool).

Send me your email address and I would be glad to send you a link to my site.

Having a transfer peel after one or two washes has nothing to do with what you did/did not do - it really has more to do with the transfer quality itself. You will love my transfers as they wash up great!

I've been trying to figure out the best way to iron-on too, would love to have this info also!

Amy I'd love your info but I don't have enough posts to PM you. Could you PM me with the info? We are leaving in 21 days and I'm hoping to pull this off.....THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I've been trying to figure out the best way to iron-on too, would love to have this info also!

I will need your email addresses to send you the link. It is against DIS policy for me to provide the link because I sell on my site.

You can either post your email addresses here (spelling 'at' and 'dot') or simply post enough in this thread to reach 10 posts to be able to send me a pm.

Some people have had luck finding it by using google as well.

I had the same issue, I think it was because I used a laser printer and should have used a ink jet printer.

I have some more transfers and a trip coming up in OCT so I need to test out my theory on one before I make up so many shirts!

Last year I bought wilton transfers from Micheals, hoping to save some money....I DID save money but we only got to wear our shirts one time, they did just as yours did and cracked and bled on the first washing...Some even cracked when I put them on!! Others started running as soon as we rode a water ride...Needless to say, I bit the bullet and ordered Amy's transfers per EVERYONE'S recommendations, even though they were pricier than the ones at Micheals...Lesson learned.....you get what you pay for :goodvibes

I will need your email addresses to send you the link. It is against DIS policy for me to provide the link because I sell on my site.

You can either post your email addresses here (spelling 'at' and 'dot') or simply post enough in this thread to reach 10 posts to be able to send me a pm.

Some people have had luck finding it by using google as well.

Please send me a link to your web site, skylock underscore 2000 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks

Amy, would you mind sending me the link also? Thanks!

jill12276 at yahoo dot com

Amy, could you also send me that info? My e mail is gerrinrick@aol.com

BTW, This is my problem, Two years ago I used my daughter's ink jet printer, she has since gotten rid of it, and all the ones I own aren't ink jet.

Any ideas without having to try and go buy a used ink jet? Thanks

Amy, could you also send me that info? My e mail is gerrinrick@aol.com

BTW, This is my problem, Two years ago I used my daughter's ink jet printer, she has since gotten rid of it, and all the ones I own aren't ink jet.

Any ideas without having to try and go buy a used ink jet? Thanks

link sent!

My transfers are for use with an inkjet printer. I am guessing that if you do not have an inkjet that you have a laser printer. You cannot use my transfers in a laser printer. A laser printer uses too much heat when printing and may not only ruin the transfer but could make the transfer melt in the machine and ruin the machine.

I have been told that they sell special iron on transfer paper for a laser printer and the only drawback to this paper is that it requires the use of a heat press to adhere the transfers. I have personally never done any research on this but have been told this by fellow DIS'ers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter