Help! We are going without ressies...

meeko66

Earning My Ears
How long of a wait can we expect to get into the restaraunts without having ressies? I am the planner in the group (of 5) and know we need to have ressies, but everyone else in the group doesn't want to plan that far in advance. Help! Any good ideas from you would be great.

What time of year will you be going?

It's more important to have PS's during peak season, and at especially popular restaurants...

Some restaurants you might be outright turned away from. If they are filled with PS's they might not even let you wait, I've seen this happen MANY times at some of the popular places, especially character meals. If there is a place that your party is dying to eat at, you should make a PS, because as I stated you could be shut out. Also, if you plan to eat at usual times 12 - 2 for lunch and 6 - 8 for dinner you could see a wait up to an hour.

Thanks for your suggestions! We are leaving in 23 days. I will keep trying on the one Character meal we know we want to do-Chef Mickey's on the first Monday we ger there. I am hoping to get lucky and get a cancellation.

RE: Chef Mickey's ...I've heard that if you go right when they open, sometimes you are able to get in without a PS.

We went to WDW last year the same time you are going. I recently pulled out my itinerary and saw that we only got PSs for Character meals and special events for the kids. Otherwise, we winged it. Remember, you can make a PS while you are down there when you are a bit more aware of what your touring plan will actually be.

Come to think of it, we were able to get in to LTT in the MK for dinner on a Saturday in mid-August last year. We went to guest services earlier in the day to make the PS, and we did the same with a CP breakfast, making the PS the night before. It can be done!

HTH!

It can sometimes be harder to get a table for a group over 4. Keep that in mind while trying to dine. Make sure you dine at off times. You're going when a lot of school may be off for spring break, you may have problems getting into restaurants. If I were you, I would make some PS and then decide if you want to keep them or cancel them. Hey, don't tell the group and you could be a hero when you have some place for them all to eat!

Maybe you could go ahead & make a couple of PS's for places everyone really wants to eat at, then just talk everyone into eating there that day. They don't need to know you already made a PS. ;) As someone already stated, sometimes it may be more difficult for a party of 5, than say a party of 2. My hubby & I normally go during off-season & don't have any problems not making PS's, but I'd be more worried about this during busy time periods. HTH! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter