• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! Washer problem - nasty smell I can't get rid of

I just saw this too! I didnt even know they got dirty like that. I have a top loader though.

Yeah, your supposde to run something like that through the front loaders once a month to keep the soap from building up, that is why they make the He detergent also. I didn't read any great reviews for the Tide product, but Clorox makes one that I use and I love it, and it is less expensive than the Tide packets.

Suzanne

Have you tried bleach?

My washer has a basket cleaning cylce that you are suppose to run monthly. You pour bleach into the tub and then the cycle runs with hat water. I have never had a stinky washer, in the year or so that I have had the washer.

We had a similar problem with our ice maker. At one point there was kind of a funky smell to the ice, and eventually it gave the water kind of a funny taste. Come to find out, the hose the water traveled through from the water source in the basement up to the freezer was breaking down and the chemicals or whatever was leaving that smell. replaced the hose and the smell was gone.

Do you have rubber hoses? Maybe you should replace them.

Sorry, I read through this quickly, but if you have an older top load with an aggitator in the middle "crud" could be lurking in that area. A friend had a similar problem and found the yuk when she pulled off the fabric softener container attached to the top of the aggitator.

I had the same problem and I finally found a product called Smelly Washer. I bought it on amazon and after a few treatments it really worked. I had tried everything and nothing else seemed to work at all. Good luck I also use smelly towels about once a month on our towels and no more funky odor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter