Help w/ideas for finger food item for 4-H program

mickeyluv

DIS Veteran
We have a 4-H reception on Thursday late afternoon and are asked to bring a dish (finger food type). I thought about making meatballs but I usually carry those in my crockpot and I don't want to worry about going back and picking up my crockpot. I want to do something more than pimento cheese sandwiches, etc. Can anyone help with ideas for something that's relatively easy and quick to make and doesn't require heat or refrigeration? TIA

Strombolis are easy to heat, wrap in foil, transport, slice and serve. I usually do a meat/cheese and a vegetable/cheese. Everyone loves them! You can even serve at room temp.

Ok, I'm currently pregnant, due today....and now I have to make that bread! We went to Target so I could walk and I bought the few ingredients I didn't have on hand. May start it in a few minutes!!

When I find myself in these situations my "go to" dish is a veggie/dip tray.

Terri

OMG I have to make the olive bread!
I just made it and it was good! I left out the green onions since I didn't want to buy a whole bunch of them, but still amazingly yummy. I'll probably finish off a quarter loaf by bedtime.

I would do a tray of fresh cut fruits its super simple, healthy and I find at most events you don't get many veggies or fruit. Wash and slice nicely in long wedges, melons, mangoes, pinapples, snip grapes into little bunches, whole strawberries. Just be sure to pat them dry and refrigerate for about an hour before serving. So refreshing and no cooking required.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!! Haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards the fruit tray idea...no cooking needed. The only thing is that I'm not going to be there the entire time (it's a floating type of thing) and I'm afraid that it may need refilling from time to time. it's a 2 hour reception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter