Help!! Verandah or No Verandah!!

Y'all are killing me...lol......half say save the money & stay inside, other half say enjoy the verandah!!! $200 is port parking & tips....or the hotel the night before. I like staying at Disney the night before but we can't leave till later that day, which means getting in at 8 or 9. I think we stay at a hotel that starts with an H at Port Canaveral...just can't remember name.

country inn & suites.....no idea where I got the "h" from...lol!!!

Nice hotel, and the closest one to the port.

Now, I am frugal to a fault when it comes to booking cruise ship cabins. However, I am more than willing to pay for "experiences" that will be remembered long after the trip has ended. People rarely look back on a trip and miss the extra $200 they spent; just spend it on something you will really value. Is there something special that you've always wanted to do at Castaway Cay or Nassau? Will you look back on this trip and be really glad you spent your time sitting on your balcony, or would looking at an art purchase from the ship give you more pleasure?

We're all readers and would spend time on the verandah with our books just to chill out between activities. We did occasionally smell cigarette smoke, but not enough to be bothersome. Our next cruise is Alaska and we did not spring for a verandah; time will tell if that was the right choice!

I am not a smoker, so I had no idea you were allowed to smoke on your verandah!!! YUCK!!!!! I hate cigarette smoke....
Anyway, my travel agent put a hold on the stateroom I wanted on the Magic. It is a secret Verandah category 07A...room 7620 (starboard side, with plexiglass), so now i have 2 days to decide what we want. Decisions :confused3

We've only sailed in a verandah room so I have nothing to really compare it to; however, our verandah was priceless when we sailed out into Hurricane Irene on the Dream. Our daughter (10yo at the time) felt pretty seasick that night and it gave her a private place to get fresh air and look out at the horizon until she felt better.

showthread.php

This shows 7620 on the Magic...should I go for it...or stay with my 11A?

We love the verandah....nothing beats sitting out there early in the morning having a cup of coffee..

I am not a smoker, so I had no idea you were allowed to smoke on your verandah!!! YUCK!!!!! I hate cigarette smoke....
Anyway, my travel agent put a hold on the stateroom I wanted on the Magic. It is a secret Verandah category 07A...room 7620 (starboard side, with plexiglass), so now i have 2 days to decide what we want. Decisions :confused3

We just booked that room for our October 2014 cruise. Be sure to come back and report on it if you end up sticking with it!

Congratulations and I hope you find the view and the air and the peaceful moments on your verandah are some of the best souvenirs. You don't have to dust them, just close your eyes and smile. :thumbsup2

Caryn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!