Help us get out of our restaurant rut!

travelgirl06

DIS Veteran
We've got a trip booked in September. We're not doing free dining because we have a good room-only deal and like to be able to order "whatever" (I.e. Split a few appetizers and entrees and share dessert). I've got a lot of ADRs booked, because we're still trying to figure out plaNs, but most of them are our "old standbys".

Where else should we try? I'd prefer to limit AYCTE for the most part (ohana is an exception, love that it's family style And not a buffet). It will be me, DH, our 2 young DDs and possibly some combination of the grandmas for some meals :-)

Favorites we have booked
Dinners - ohana, ca grill (DH and I only, unless there's a better place for date night, other than v&a)
Lunches - Saana, BOG
Breakfast - Kona

"New to us"
Lunches
- Beaches and Cream or Mama Melrose (DHS day, we usually do 50s, but want something new - ideas?)
- CRT (not expecting much food wise, but I think our girls will LOVE it!)

Breakfast
- Ohana (possibly last day, if they'd haven't had their fill of characters)
- GF Cafe - menu looks interesting, and we're at the Poly, so easy to get to

We also considered WCC, but I think our girls are a bit young for the "antics", and some of our retired favorites are Spoodes and Kouzinna (DH joked that we should just go to whatever's there now since we always seem to like it!)

I know I am in the minority, but I can't stand Mama Melrose. I would rather eat spaghetti out of a jar. I think Beaches and Cream is a better choice. Eat light and get the kitchen sink. As for CRT, I love the atmosphere. I have had breakfast and dinner there, and it's okay. I am done with it, because we have been a lot, but it's really exciting for the little people. As for WCC, I like this restaurant. In my experience, the antics are toned down for lunch, over dinner. Haven't been to the others recently, or they are new to us as well.

what about san angel inn?? we love the mexican food and sitting and watching the boats go by from the ride. . teppan edos is amazing!! watching them cook in front of you is so cool its like a show with dinner and the food is so good!! house of blues is great as well and a cool place to stroll through. just a few to think about

DD loved Teppan Edo (we all thought it was very good), I like Chefs de France for lunch. Have not tried Coral Reef but was considering it since the restaurant itself looks fun. The Wave at the Contemporary gets good reviews. San Angel Inn is one of our favorites - love the atmosphere. We also like The Plaza - nicer than a CS but not as expensive as the other TS. At AK we always go to Y&Y.

Glad you liked Spoodles - I was a seater and DH was the Sous Chef (that's where we met) :lovestruc

We really love House of Blues at Downtown Disney. The Hoop De Doo Review is also super fun if you haven't tried it. The food there is served family style too. The 50s prime time cafe can be really fun too.

I have three sons, and the one restaurant they all agree on is Via Napoli. The pizza there really is incredible.

we are doing OOP next trip too and are trying some places we wouldn't on the DDP because it wasn't a valuable credit. We aren't doing all of these but they were on my shirt list.....

Trail ends
Beach and cream
The plaza
Kona
Via Napoli - done oop on previous trip

We're also doing Cali grill (date night), chef Mickey's and crt as our old favorites.

I'm also excited to try some new QS places especially in Epcot.

I have three sons, and the one restaurant they all agree on is Via Napoli. The pizza there really is incredible.

This was going to be my suggestion as well. Love this restaurant.

Also no trip to WDW is complete for us without a lunch at SciFi. Even if you only order onion rings and shakes, it's worth it for the atmosphere.

For breakfast, one of our favorites is Tusker House.

If you daughters want to see the princesses but you don't want to do CRT, try Akershus in Epcot. The breakfast is served family style and there is also a buffet of cold items.

We have done WCC for both breakfast and dinner in the past. In fact, we booked dinner for our upcoming trip as we have not been in awhile and I think my son will get a kick out of all the antics. There are no antics at breakfast time and I must say we enjoyed breakfast the last time we were there.

Although we have not been, I've heard others rave over lunch or dinner at Biergarten so that is on our radar this trip as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter