Help us decide where to stay!

rebeccaariel

DIS Veteran
My dad called me up this morning and told me he's taking me back to Disney World for my 21st birthday at the end of August! I'm so excited because I never get to travel with my dad. He works a lot and hasn't been on a vacation in like 8 years. He told me he'd like a resort with a fitness centre, but other than that he's not too picky, though I know he doesn't want to spend a fortune. The less expensive deluxe resorts like AKL and WL would probably be fine with him. He's okay with splurging a little bit because he hasn't travelled in so long, and it's my birthday. Help me pick!

My dad called me up this morning and told me he's taking me back to Disney World for my 21st birthday at the end of August! I'm so excited because I never get to travel with my dad. He works a lot and hasn't been on a vacation in like 8 years. He told me he'd like a resort with a fitness centre, but other than that he's not too picky, though I know he doesn't want to spend a fortune. The less expensive deluxe resorts like AKL and WL would probably be fine with him. He's okay with splurging a little bit because he hasn't travelled in so long, and it's my birthday. Help me pick!

Wilderness Lodge has a very nice fitness center. And if he likes to run outdoors, there is a nice path to Fort Wilderness. The resort itself is beautiful. You can't go wrong with this choice. :thumbsup2

Wilderness Lodge has a very nice fitness center. And if he likes to run outdoors, there is a nice path to Fort Wilderness. The resort itself is beautiful. You can't go wrong with this choice. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the suggestion! That's one of the ones I think he'd really like!

AKL also has a nice fitness center.

Both AKL and WL are very nice, IMO. WL gives you proximity to the MK, but AKL has the animals. It really just depends which theme/location you prefer.

Sometimes you can get a nice price at the YC or BC (more than AKL/WL) and they have a nice gym as well. They are in a great location if you'd like to be able to walk to Epcot and DHS.

Hope this helps!:goodvibes

We stayed at Coronado Springs Last time and it had a decent fitness center and spa. It is a moderate resort so it will be a bit cheaper than some of those other options too!!!

Don't forget CSR! They have a fitness center, hot tub, pools, a night club, sit down restaurant and fast food, a snack bar at feature pool and a bar with lounge area adjacent to the lake.

If you can get the new business class it is awesome.

Read up on it on CSR thread but here basics:

It has a lounge with breakfast 7-10am. Then 5-10p has appetizers beer, wine and sangria! The building is 9b which is close to everything.

For the deluxe I like WL better due to location vs AkL. It is super easy to take boat to CR then you can play on monorail and at those resorts too.

Happy Planning!

We stayed at Coronado Springs Last time and it had a decent fitness center and spa. It is a moderate resort so it will be a bit cheaper than some of those other options too!!!

I thought about that one but there's no availability for the week of August 25th, when we're going :sad1:

If a fitness center and cost are important, I would consider:

AKL
WL
CR-GW
Swan/Dolphin

I've stayed at the Swan for a convention and have stayed at CSR with my family (unfortunate that it is sold out for you; it's a beautiful resort).

You can generally get good rates at the Swan/Dolphin (comparable to Mods at times) if it isn't important having a MYW package. It is very convenient to Epcot and the BW if that is important to you. I wasn't able to use ME but I had rented a car anyway.

This Aug we are staying at the CR-GW with the 30% RO discount and that made it somewhat affordable (for a deluxe anyway).

Good luck with your decision.

Try for any of the Epcot resorts if you can. I cant think of a funner place to spend your21st with all of the entertainment options on the Boardwalk and walking distance to World Showcase at Epcot.

You could drink your way around the world on your 21st (if that's what you prefer, of course!).

yacht club would be my choice , beautiful resort walking distance to epcot hs and of course the boardwalk. Pool area is fantastic , tennis courts 2 spas, love this resort!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter