Help us decide: deluxe or villa?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by wickersham, Jun 22, 2013.

1. wickersham

wickersham Earning My Ears

We have decided to take the plunge and visit during the new year's week. We've stayed in the All-Star movies, Fort Wilderness cabins and twice at POR and would like to splurge on something more plush. Any recommendations for a deluxe that can sleep five (me, DH, 3 DD's-14, 16 & 18) or a villa? Our budget is not unlimited, but the trip will be part of our Christmas gifts this year. We've always been fine with Disney transportation and will probably not rent a car. Thanks!!!:yay:

2. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The Poly is our favorite deluxe. The rooms are large & spacious, all rooms come with a daybed, it's on the monorail so it's convenient to the GF & CR for a variety of dining/shopping options, and it's just 2 monorail stops from MK. We love the tropical atmosphere, the pool, and the beach for watching the fireworks.

We've never stayed in any of the villas, so I can't comment on those from personal experience, but a 2 bedroom villa would provide more space with everyone having their own bed.

Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

3. justcruisin

justcruisin Guest

A 1-bedroom at AKV-Kidani or BLT will give you two full bathrooms, laundry, a full kitchen and sleeping for 5 people.

The 2-bedroom villa would give you a lot more room, and of course is more money but if you look at OKW or SSR the cost is more reasonable.