• Chef Mickey's -breakfast

• Sci-Fi Dine In -lunch

• 1900 Park Fare -dinner

• Liberty Tree Tavern -dinner pre-MNSSHP

• Other -please explain ;)

Results are only viewable after voting.

jcemom

Official Tag Fairy Assistant
We've decided to limit ourselves to two table service meals on our upcoming trip. (Well, everyone else decided, I'd prefer more, LOL.) Our group consists of Me, my Mom, DS 13, DS 12, DD 4, Dnephew 12, and Dneice 11. This is the first trip for my niece and nephew, but the rest of us have all been before. The kids have helped me to narrow down the list, but we/I just can't decide which to choose.

What would you choose for our group? Please pick two.

The only restaurant listed that we've been to before is Sci-Fi. It's my boys' favorite and they'd like to go there, but they're okay with skipping it in lieu of something new if that's what I decide. (Oh, and DS 13 and I have been to LTT, but none of the others have.)

TIA

I picked CM breakfast because it just feels like Disney to me. My boys love it and we have been there twice and are going again in 2007. It is becoming a family tradition. :grouphug:

I also picked WCC becasue of the ages of the kids in your group. I have not been to WCC yet but plan to try it for my 2007 trip. From what I have read in reviews I think the whole family will have fun at this place. :banana:

Have fun and let us know what you decide.

Loralie

I think you guys should eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Crystal Palace. There are Pooh characters there and the food is spectacular. it is perfect if you have a rumbly in your tumbly!

I voted for Chef Mickey's for Breakfast, because it is soooo much fun and the food is soo good!!! The kids love it!! It is really a Disney restaurant!

I also voted for Other, because I think you should consider 50s Prime Time Cafe at MGM. This place is a BLAST!! It's a great place to eat, and the food is really good! "Keep those elbows off the table or Mama will get onto you!!" LOL! It is tooo fun!!! :rotfl2:

Thank you for the replies! With all the talk about 'Ohana I was expecting it to be the runaway favorite, but it's not. I'm still not sure which ones we'll be doing, but I'm going to trust everyone here and choose them from the top three of four picks! :thumbsup2

Anyone else have an opinion? :smooth:

We had the dining plan last summer and got a chance to check out quite a few table service places which we would have not tried. Our kids loved California Grill and Narcossie (sp?) because we were able to get reservations during the time that the fireworks show. Our kids are 8 & 12. The 12 yr old loved the sushi at California Grill and got to meet Yoshi the Sushi chef.

Whatever you decide, you will have a great time.

Poconoboatniks

I voted for the Liberty Tree Tavern & Other.

LTT is fun and has good food. Plus you'll be inside the park prior to the party. :thumbsup2

Other: My vote would be for the 50's Primetime Cafe. The food and the service is excellent and it's a fun environment. :thumbsup2

I picked Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickey's for dinner.

With a group that size the waiter at Whispeing Canyon could have a field day with you. It's always good to do at least one character meal each trip and I picked dinner at Chef Mickey's because we've always had a good time there. Last Sept we had one of the last seatings. The food was still hot, plentiful, and good and the restaraunt cleared out so much that the characters were just sitting down with people playing with them. Chip and Dale were both playing with each other and chasing kids around. Goofy was just sitting at different tables taking it easy and visiting. It was a great photo opportunity with so many characters together and not rushed. It's the best interaction we've ever had with characters at a character meal. It was great! Just be sure to get one of the last seatings.

I voted for Ohana's and CM for dinner.

With the ages of most of the kids I wondered if WCC might not be as much fun for them. Also, seeing how you have boys close to the teen years I figured they could probably eat you out of house and home, making Ohana's a great choice!

I also voted Ohanas & Chef Mickeys dinner.

Since DN & DN haven't been there it will give them a chance to see Mickey and friends up close. I also voted for Ohanas for the fun atmosphere for everyone. My third choice would be Whispering Canyon for the fun that goes on there.

I picked WCC and other (for Crystal Palace). We did both of these last time and my boys picked to do them again on this trip! Food was good at both. WCC was a lot of fun and Tigger made our day at Crystal Palace!!
:tigger:

So...it looks like we'll be choosing from Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tree, Whispering Canyon and 'Ohana... :sunny:

Had I not differentiated between CM's breakfast and dinner it seems that CM's would have the most votes by far (considering combined votes), so I'm nearly positive that will be one we'll do. Though breakfast appears to be more highly recommended than dinner, I might go with the dinner anyway, since the ADR I currently have for that one is on arrival night, and breakfast would be on our third day. Am I right thinking arrival night at CM's would be a great way to kick off the trip? Even if the breakfast food is better?

We will be going to CM our first night. We have done this once before too. It is a great way to start the vacation!

I choose Ohana and 1900 Park Fare.

Ohana is just great, pre new menu we really liked it too.

1900 Park Fare, even being a buffet, it was really good. Very different kind of selections from normal buffet type food. My husband still talks about this place.

I wanted to thank everyone for their votes and suggestions! We've decided to go with Chef Mickey's for dinner on arrival night, Liberty Tree Tavern before MNSSHP on our last night, AND one other mid-trip...either 'Ohana or Whispering Canyon. (Yes, that is three. I couldn't possibly narrow it down to just two, LOL. :teeth: )

For now I have an ADR at 'Ohana because it's the tougher one to get and there's a really limited choice of times for larger parties to begin with. I'm sure we can change to WCC later if we want. I'll need to give those two more thought. Whichever we don't do this time will go to the top of my list for next time.

Thanks again! :wave:

Have you considered Hoop De Doo Review? It would probably fit well with your party.

I chose Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Sci Fi for lunch.

I think your kids will enjoy the characters at Chef Mickey's and Sci Fi is also fun for the whole family!

Enjoy your trip!

I picked Ohana as it is one our clans' favorites and LTT since you are doing the Halloween party. We usually do LTT before the MVMCP and have always enjoyed the meal and convenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter