Help Treating a lingering blister

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
Hello there!!
I am hoping someone has a magic answer for me.
I wore a new pair of shoes all day (My Bad) about 2 weeks ago and got a blister on my heel. That night when I took off my "knee hi's" I pulled open the blister.
It has been 2 weeks and it is mainly healed to look at, but it still hurts a lot. It is not open or blistered, just extremely sensitive to touch.
I leave for WDW in 10 days and I am getting concerned about wearing shoes all day and walking the required distance.
Any tips for helping to soothing mostly healed blisters?

A cushioned bandaid like the blister type mentioned works, HOWEVER if the wound is the least bit open or still draining these are a no-no. Those are only for intact blisters and heal by sealing the skin back down. The other option is a bit of cushion tape. I like that more cause it's more cost effective and I can layer it on especially tender spots, or open spots with a bit of gauze.

I once had a bad blister/callus that lasted for months. It eventually got very hard and was super painful. I used blister bandaids, soaked it endlessly, trimmed it down, etc etc.

One day, in desperation, my DH suggested salisylic acid. We went into a random Walgreens and found a little pink bottle called "Bye Bye Blemish" for a few bucks. Read about it here: http://www.xovain.com/skin/bye-bye-blemish-cheap-alternative-to-mario-badescu-drying-lotion. Its meant for acne - but it worked AMAZINGLY well for a persistent blister. Within days, my blister dried up (finally) and fell off.

A year later, my son developed a bad, persistent blister. After a few weeks, we knew we had to treat it. Our local drug store didn't carry Bye Bye Blemish and suggested we try a different product with sulfur. Gave it a go...but it didn't work great. So I hopped on Amazon and ordered "Bye Bye Blemish". As expected, it worked like a charm - although we did have to use it for a bit over a week.

I am not sure what ingredient makes it work so much better than the other product, especially since sulfur is also its active ingredient- but I figure, why mess with something that works. Plus, it works wonders on pimples too! Double win!!

Not sure if this would be appropriate treatment for yours - but it sure worked for my son and I!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter