Help to get the Hyatt or some other MCO airport

prymsu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
OK folks, i am going to get brave and try to book my hotel on line, but i would really like to stay at the Hyatt or some other hotel that is on airport property.

Any suggestions, tips or ideas on how to do this and ensure that it would be at the airport?

thank you in advance for your help.

Only the Hyatt is in the airport, and thus requires no shuttle.

But there a bunch first class hotels just north of the airport. Just about all the big brands are there, such Marriott, Sheraton, Renaissance, Crowne Plaza, and so on. These hotels offer free shuttle service, although I would recommend tipping the driver, especially if he helps you with baggage.

Many folks have been successful with Priceline.com and Hotwire.com. You don't know where you'll be staying until after you commit, but the price can be excellent. Do some research first. And realize that you can't cancel.

I'm a fan of Priceline too. Most of the hotels they deal with are in the area near Hertz. We almost always seem to end up with the Marriott. We bid around $28, although www.biddingfortravel.com can give you the current going rates. Just be sure to bid the TOP STAR LEVEL ONLY. Otherwise, you could end up at the "slum" LaQuinta on Daetwyler Drive. I am not the only one who has had problems there.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

how can i be sure that i get one that has a shuttle from the airport? Do you catch the shuttles just outside the baggage terminal?

wow, do you really put in 28 to 33 bucks and then select the top star? I suppose i should get brave for once and give this a try. i am just such a nervous nelly about doing things like this over the internet not knowing the exact hotel.

I bid $38 on Priceline-in Feb. for an April ressie at Hyatt MCO & was successful. I read on bidding for travel that someone had gotten it for $38 earlier that day, so I took the plunge & got Hyatt for that price too. I was so pleased!

Good Luck!

~ Linda :boat:

We got the Hyatt MCO for this Friday night on Priceline for $60 (including taxes)... Luck of the draw!!

All of the hotels at the top star level will have a shuttle (with the exception of the Hyatt, of course). Put in your bid, and ignore it if you get a message that it's too low. That's just Bill Shatner trying to maximize profits. :jester: I've often gotten that message, kept my bid the same, and still have gotten a hotel.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanx everyone, I am going to take the plunge and do this.

I have tried this two times now, and am I doing something wrong? First i put in 33 bucks for a three star, and it didn't except it, and then i tried 36 for a three star.

Barb how do you get those three star rooms if you don't bid higher than $33?

All hotels within the airport zone on Priceline offer a shuttle, regardless of star level. The only difference is that not all properties run their shuttles after midnight. Something to consider if you have a flight that will be arriving in the late evening.

Dave, i would try that, but i thought Barb recommended only picking the top star hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter