Help! Son wants 'Bond' look. Any experience with cruise tux rental?

cakiesmom

Earning My Ears
DS turns 13 on formal night and wants to rent a tux for the cruise. Normally, we would not bother but the sneaky side of me says ! Great way to have everyone dressed up for a family photo.:rotfl2:

Can you share you're experiences with Cruise Line formal wear?
What percentage of male guests will wear a tux?
Does anyone think it's with it? I will be renting for 2 sons and DH. normally younger son does not like to dress up or smile for a photo but will do anything for big brother.:cheer2:

I've rented a tux a couple of times, through Disney, on past cruises & never had any problems. My wife & 2 DDs loved when we all dressed up for formal night & when we dined at Palo. I'll be renting a tux again when we sail this NYE. Not a lot of folks go the full tux route, but who cares, for me it's a lot of fun. ::yes::

Not sure how big your 13 year old is but an inexpensive alternative to rental tuxes for boys is buying. Check out fairytailes store on eBay. I am buying a tux for my DS10; renting mine.

Martin

My 10 yo nephew's tux was only $65 at JC Penny last year. Might want to check that out, he tried the same brand of suit in the store and then ordered it online.

I second looking on EBay for tuxes.

If you want something that could be used more often, go for dark pants and a dark suit jacket (doesn't have to be a matching set). DS has worn his jacket over a t-shirt after the cruise with jeans at other times. My friend also did the same thing for her DS and has got more wear out of the jacket / pant combo than a tux.

We have bought suits/jackets from JP Penney, Sears but our last one came from Kohls. Find out when the end of the season is and look for them on Sale around then. Also check out charity shops. That hasn't worked for us for tuxes/jackets, but did for DD's dresses for a cruise.

HTH

-Kay

You have all given me good suggestions. I'm going internet shopping to see what is there. I will also look into the retail stores you suggested.

:yay:

I got DS a tux on ebay from the tux man, or tux guy for much less than renting would have been onboard. He got a little more use out of it as well. :)

I have rented a Tux from Cruise Line Formal several times. Great Fit, accessories in good condition, and I too looked like James Bond .... when he turned 75 (I way less than 75), and put on 50 extra pounds, but really, you couldn't tell us apart.

The last time I got "just" the classic black tux (least expensive option) and it seemed practically brand new. And I looked great (well as great as its possible for me to look)

Jrabbit

I just spent the day with my kids and other mom/kids at an amusement park with hot sun and amusement park food... my DD-7 is screaming because I had her come home because it was after dark... the laundry still needs done and all I can think of is sweet slumber.. and then I read your message. and I laughed out loud. Whatpixiedust: an awesome gift you have and what a gift that we all have with the DIS community. Thanks for giving some comic relief to my (wonderful) but hectic day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter