Help Saratoga Springs Issue

The gym was most definitely closed while we were there. They did shove a few treadmills and a couple free weights ( up to 15 pounds I think) into a tiny windowless room but that's not really a gym...Not sure if it has reopened, that was in June

Your options are limited to either the bus, the boat, or the alternative walkway.
How are you getting to the other parks? Buses are your only option there. There is no other way into DTD from the Congress Park area. Have you tried changing your request to maybe the Springs area which will put you closer to that alternative walkway?

We are using a car to get around normally, no have no thought of trying the springs thanks that's an option I did not think of.

this would be your best options but note that the grandstand pool will be closed Aug 25-Sept 14, 2013. You can use any pool on property. Not sure when you are traveling

End of October but we never used the hotel pool anyway but thanks for the heads up on that.

Ok looked on google maps and there are a few more options

Option 1 walk to side car entry gate, either walk along side road or cross road, walk along and enter walkway at the end of downtown disney, I guess they are only closing the walk way at Saratoga springs and not the walk entrance to downtown disney?

Option 2 walk to other side of Saratoga springs and cross into the west side of downtown disney by house of blues.

Option 3 drive and park in car park, only issue no drink.

Option 4 drive and park near walkway to west side of downtown disney, walk into downtown disney and back to car and drive back to congress park.

Looked at moving to grandstand area of Saratoga springs but we have asked for view of downtown disney as family who are coming have not had this view before, the grandstand area really does not have this view.

The gym was most definitely closed while we were there. They did shove a few treadmills and a couple free weights ( up to 15 pounds I think) into a tiny windowless room but that's not really a gym...Not sure if it has reopened, that was in June

We popped into Saratoga last year to check it out and one of the reasons we chose to book for this year was because they had a great gym (an enormous room in the spa building with just about every piece of kit you could imagine plus free weights) so looks like its not open. :(

It is annoying when something changes and the reason you booked the hotel has either been removed or closed, shame disney can not give a bit more notice on these things.

They gave no notice apart from a few days that's the walkway was closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter